Ruiten Travel Guide

• Close up 'Groote polder molen' (polder mill)
    Close up 'Groote polder molen' (polder...
    View from manor Fraeylema manor
    Ruiten mill

Ruiten Transportation

by nighthawk Written Mar 31, 2003

The best way to reach Ruiten is by car for it is vaste polder land with only some small roads mainly designed for bicyclist.

Roadsign for cyclists
    • Cycling

Ruiten Off The Beaten Path

by nighthawk Updated Apr 3, 2003

tip is Ruiten. You will not find a sign telling you that you ve come to the so called neighbourhood, just the mill will tell you that you have reached Ruiten.
    If you are really willing to go see these mills, just mail me and I will provide you with the driving directions for I am afraid you will never find it .... especially since I always get left and right hand turn mixed up ;-) .

Oh ..... if you are still concerned wether I ll give the correct directions or not ... I will be more than willing to accompany you!!! :-)

View towards Ruiten and mill

Ruiten Favorites

by nighthawk Written Mar 31, 2003

Favorite thing: In the little neighbourhood some miles further along the road called Woudbloem (forest flower) we saw a nice garden.
    The owner of the garden had built his own mill and named it small polder mill, as an opposite to the large one we saw before.
    See my 'Woudbloem page' for another photograph of this lovely little mill.

Little polder molen

by nighthawk Written Mar 31, 2003

Favorite thing: Or Large Polder Mill, the second mill we saw. Unlike the previous one less well taken care of and I do hope the next time we pass by, restauration will be taken care of.

Large polder mill

by nighthawk Written Mar 31, 2003

Favorite thing: Mills, so typical for my country, yet I never take too many photographs of them.
    Since a fellow VT member pointed me to that fact, I have started to take more notice of mills that dominate the horizon.
    That is why I am adding more and more photographs with mills, some standing alone in the polder land, like this one.

Ruiten mill

Instant Answers: Ruiten

Comments

Ruiten Travel Guide
Map of Ruiten