Winsum Travel Guide

by nighthawk

Winsum Things to Do

Marenland recreation

by nighthawk Updated Apr 4, 2011

Recreation centre "Marenland" has hotel rooms, a camp site, a restaurant and wanderer cabins.
    It also rents out boats, almost any boat you want except for speedboats.

• Camping
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Hiking and Walking

• LiesbethTjemmes's Profile Photo

by LiesbethTjemmes Written Jan 15, 2004

The church of Winsum is a very sweet little church, but its most interesting feature is the concierge who takes care of it. He is very eager to tell you everything there is to know about the church and provide you with things like a nice cool drink an deodorant (!)

• Winsum Hotels

0 Hotels in Winsum

Winsum Warnings and Dangers

Yikes!

by nighthawk Written May 2, 2005

The outside stair of the church tower was so very inviting, all three of my kids wanted to climb it.
    Haha, 2 made it but the third only came half way.
    Another one, standing on top of it, suddenly realised the height and had to be helped down.
    So glad I didn t try to go up! I surely would have been stuck up there!

• Adventure Travel

Winsum Off The Beaten Path

by nighthawk Written Sep 15, 2005

Just another dot on the map but it is a charming little village. Creative as well and I could imagine myself living here, elas .. that s but a dream.

Peace & quiet in the countryside 4 more images

by nighthawk Written Sep 15, 2005

Spring & summertime are just beautiful in our province ... everything blooms ... smells are great too .. we love driving into the countryside (well, not as much as when our kids were all younger lol) ... so glad I now got my driver's license haha I can escape without bugging another person ;-)

Oh and since we are Dutch we bring our own picknick ;-) like this spot .. view over a poppy field and at the other side of the road an oat field. Just lovely!

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Winsum? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Winsum Favorites

Canoeing through Winsum

by nighthawk Written May 4, 2005

Favorite thing: Especially when in the boat you have a nice view on the back of the houses.
    The red is ever so nice and the people (when in the garden) are friendly!
    Beware however how far you go on the water, you might have to work your way against the wind when going back... tiring!

Fondest memory: When I look at this pic I just wanna go back! Not to rent a watercycle but an electric boat (whisper boat), haha my legs are still (2 days later) hurting!!

• Kayaking

Winsum

by nighthawk Written May 4, 2005

Favorite thing: Winsum is but a small village, just walk through the older part and forget about the new addings, they are no fun.

The red roof tops are so nice to see and it s clear Winsum is a agricultural village with little or no industrie.

Many children from the town of Groningen visit the school that s located here.

Fondest memory: Just this man working his garden, the sun and the trees in bloom, lovely sight.

• Hiking and Walking

Have you been to Winsum? Write about Winsum to help travelers.

Instant Answers: Winsum

Comments

Winsum Travel Guide
Map of Winsum