Places to eat in Breda

by ATLC

Most Viewed Restaurants in Breda

Da Attilio: Great pizzas

by Nathalie_B Written Mar 20, 2005

I have been in this restaurant 3 times and each time had different opinion on it. The first time the waitress wasn't so nice, but then again the poor girl was sick, lost her voice and could hardly speak. Our pastas where great though. So I didn't really have a reason to add this place to my "never again" list.
    The second time the service was perfect but the salmon dish was the most horrible I ever had. Finally, when I went there for the third time the food and the service where just perfect! The pizzas we ordered were delicious, our waiter was very nice and helpful and the whole atmosphere in the restaurant was just great.
    So I'll definitely give this place the 4th and 5th chances, because it is not bad at all.
    I probably wan't be able to avoid the sick personnel, but definitely can stick to the real Italian dishes which taste very good at this restaurant.
    I would recommend eating at this place especially if you're in a hurry and don't have time to chase your waiter all over the restaurant.
    In the summer Da Atillio have a nice terrace right in the Grote Markt. And they are very quick moving you and food inside the restaurant if it starts raining all of a sudden.

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo

The fusion: Finally!! Sushi in Breda!

by Nathalie_B Updated Mar 20, 2005

No longer my friends and I have to go to The Hague or Rotterdam to enjoy good wuality sushi! The fusion is a new restaurant that opened in June. Have to admit that it's interior design is very unusual to Breda where every bar and restaurant looks almost the same (unless it is a stylish expensive one). Service is definitely not of Dutch quality (Sorry Dutchies, don't mean to offend). The food and the atmosphere of this place will make you want to dine here again and again.

Favorite Dish: The sesame ice cream is the creme de la creme of the menu! You must try it. It is served on a big plate full of fresh fruits and it is delicious!

• bonio's Profile Photo

De Beyerd: De Beyerd

by bonio Written Mar 11, 2005

very busy beer cafe just out of the city centre. Bewildering amount of beers to choose from, if in doubt try de Klassiek, made on the premesis to an old recipe, very good. Did want to eat there too but it was booked by a 50th birthday party.

• bonio's Profile Photo

Da Attilio: Da Attilio

by bonio Written Mar 11, 2005

So, it's just started to rain very heavily, need a quick meal as we're going out later, here's the first restaurant we found, and a good choise too!

Favorite Dish: Cold day, soup, followed by pasta, could not be faulted. Well worth a visit.

Het Kabinet: Great breakfasts

by Nathalie_B Written Jan 17, 2005

Originally Het Kabiet is a French restaurant, but I wasn't there for dinner so can't really give any tips about their special dishes.
    On a rainy morning Roy (Imaniac), Claus (cachaseiro), and I were looking for a place to have breakfast. Het Kabinet seemed like a nice place and it was!
    The omelletes were great, the service was really good and the prices were about the average.
    Like many other bars and restaurants in the city, Het Kabinet is located right by the church at the Grote Markt.

Donatello's: Cheap food

by Nathalie_B Written Jan 17, 2005

If you want to have a cheap meal and a very slow service this is the place. Donatello's serves Italian type of food, although if you mention this restaurant to real Italian food lovers they will laugh at you!
    This is place if very populat among students, probably because of its prices.
    If you have at least 2 hours to spend on your meal and don't want to spend too much money then go for it!

• OlafS's Profile Photo

Ikea

by OlafS Updated Oct 24, 2004

Am I kidding? No, I am not kidding. When you're in Breda and want a good, cheap meal, you don't need a fancy restaurant. Why not go to the Ikea in the Princenhage neighbourhood. No need to look at the furniture first, just walk straight to the restaurant. Non-smoking section available, thankfully. Try the Swedish meatballs, have some Swedish cake, and don't forget to drink a glass of that delicious Swedish foxberry juice. Oh, you can even refill the glass for free, something some other IKEA's in The Netherlands don't allow you to. I can hardly imagine a place offering all this at a lower price, or even at a slightly higher price. The combination of quality and low prices makes this my favourite place tfor eating in Breda.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

T-HUISJE: A GREAT PLACE TO MEET

by LoriPori Updated Oct 15, 2004

Ilse (Matim) arranged for the meeting to begin at the T-Huisje in the Valkenbergpark. It was very visible and a great location and atmosphere. We all congregated there and socialized before we began our tour of Breda.

Come back: Come back

by Gili_S Written Aug 28, 2004

This is unique place if you want to have a quick meal or sandwich to eat. It is rather cheap to eat here but I cannot really tell myself as I didn’t tasted the food here, I had earlier that day 5 excellent Belgium’s beers and my stomach were still fool.

Cafe Bruxelles: Cafe Bruxelles

by Gili_S Written Aug 28, 2004

I went to this place to have a quick dinner and few beers. The service was OK, food was OK and the beer was OK. So, you can understand, nothing special or exciting to tell about, if I wouldn’t have such nice company with me I wouldn’t remember I was in this place at all.
    Oh, and I forgot to tell that the music was too loud to my taste as well

Burger King: Burger King

by Gili_S Written Aug 27, 2004

Well, you know me, I do not recommend in my tips this kind of places, but in this case I do because some special person insist to have Whopper for breakfast LOL
    This picture were taken in the burger king of the railway station

Favorite Dish: Whopper

Knowledgebase: Knowledgebase

by Gili_S Written Aug 27, 2004

Well, this is not a real coffee house but just an internet coffee, located in the center, it is easy to find and use, no costing much either, so, when I needed to send quick message to my VT friends, that was the right place

• OlafS's Profile Photo

De Beyerd: Beer and food, and even beerfood

by OlafS Updated Apr 6, 2004

This is actually a cafe with a few hundred different beers, one of the first of its kind in the Netherlands and famous among beer-lovers. You'll find a choice of beers from many countries, most notably Belgium and the Netherlands but also some less obvious countries. But there's more to this place. It also has a restaurant where everything is prepared with beer. Very special, but definitely not cheap.

And there's more to come. Soon, very soon (April 2004), they will open their own brewery. Work is in progress. The beer they will be making is Drie Hoefijzers Klassiek, a former Interbrew product from 1990 that didn't last longer than a year because it was not commercial enough. Should be interesting, I think.

Favorite Dish: Anything I guess. I remember having a bavarois based on Mort Subite Kriek (a sweet cherry-beer) for dessert.

• Beer Tasting

• CrtnShdofGrn's Profile Photo

Cafe Bruxelles: The ribs were GOOOOD!

by CrtnShdofGrn Written Jan 10, 2004

Everything the three of us had was good, or at least looked good. None of us complained...about anything. And, I learned the correct pronunciation of my favorite beer (Hoegaarden) thanks to our patient waitress. :-)

Favorite Dish: As I said before, "The ribs were GOOOOD!"

• adinda's Profile Photo

Grand Café Klaarenbeek: best spare ribs in town!

by adinda Written Nov 20, 2003

This restaurant is located in "het Ginneken", the south part of Breda. You can make reservations for groups as well as for 2. From thursday 'til sunday it's wise to make reservations, as it's quite a popular restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Every once in a while I get this craving for spare ribs. And then there's only one place to go: Klaarenbeek. I've tried several other restaurants, but no one can beat Klaarenbeek's ribs. They fall right of the bone; you have a choice between sweet or spicy ribs and it's just too yummie for words!

Breda Hotels

Latest: Mar 28, 2014
Golden Tulip Keyser Breda
Latest: Mar 10, 2014

Instant Answers: Breda

Comments

Breda Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Breda locals.
Map of Breda