Places to eat in Breda

Most Viewed Restaurants in Breda

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

DICKENS& JONES: A DINING EXPERIENCE IN BREDA

by LoriPori Updated Jan 3, 2006

Dickens & Jones was a wonderful restaurant to have our V.T. dinner meeting. It had a charming atmosphere and we had our own area so we could converse and socialize. The meal was very good and the staff friendly and efficient.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

T-HUISJE: A GREAT PLACE TO MEET

by LoriPori Updated Oct 15, 2004

Ilse (Matim) arranged for the meeting to begin at the T-Huisje in the Valkenbergpark. It was very visible and a great location and atmosphere. We all congregated there and socialized before we began our tour of Breda.

• Joenes's Profile Photo

The Beyerd: The Beyerd, Exclusive dishes prepared with beer

by Joenes Updated Sep 30, 2005

Restaurant The Beyerd is a unique restaurant in Holland because on the menu you will find Dutch and Belgian regional dishes that are prepared with all sorts of beers.

Favorite Dish: 3 Hot bean soup.
    A hot soup with beans,bacon and onions prepared with "Rodenbach Classic",a delicious Belgian beer.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

Dickens & Jones.: A beautiful Classy Restaurant in Breda

by Waalewiener Written Nov 19, 2003

This is a great restaurant ,and we had a wonderful VT meeting/ meal,at this restaurant .It was very nice inside we had a nice area for our large group.
    The food was excellent .
    We had a choice of 3 different entrees ,main course and desserts ,all of them looked very good.

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo

Dickens & Jones: Great Food

by Nathalie_B Updated Aug 5, 2005

Dickens & Jones a great restaurant in the heart of Breda, located in the middle of the Grote Markt. We had a great VT meeting dinner in this place and really enjoyed the food.
    The restaurant serves French and Dutch dishes. Three course meal costs 19,50 Euro.

Favorite Dish: What could I eat there, really ;-) Of course grilled salmon again, but it was sooooooo good.

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo

Cafe Bruxelles: Beligan beer and more

by Nathalie_B Updated Jun 2, 2005

A nice restaurant that was recommened to me by Axel (Kozzmozz)and Esmeralda (Wenasje). Three of us had a very good dinner there and enjoyed belgian beer as well.
    Cafe Bruxelles has a nice bar as well, so it is unnecessary to go there for a whole meal, you can always enjoy the drinks

Favorite Dish: Every week day cafe Bruxelles has promotional prices for some of its dishes. On Wednesdays they serve their delicous steak for 8 Euro only. Don't miss the spareribs on Tuesdays, for the same price. And maybe you'll want to avoid the place on Mondays, since on this day students line up by the restaurant to get their huge meal for a very cheap price.

• Helga67's Profile Photo

Dickens & Jones

by Helga67 Updated Oct 15, 2003

Ilse (MATIM) had chosen this restaurant for our VT dinner. It was a great choice! The restaurant has a nice interior. You have the impression of sitting in the library of an English house. The restaurant is separated by a long corridor full of books. In the front are the small tables for romantic dinner and in the back, you'll find tables for big groups. We were 30 people and there was still place available.

Favorite Dish: For a big group, it's best to take the 3-course menu for 17.95 EUR excl. drinks. You can choose out of about 6 starters, main courses and dessert. I had Thai snacks with sweet sambal sauce, salmon with Roquefort cheese sauce and bavarian apple cream. It was very delicious as you can see on the pic.

• Kristina1701's Profile Photo

Dickens & Jones

by Kristina1701 Updated Oct 21, 2003

An excellent restaurant with a great atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: As starter I chose the salad (which was really huge by the way) and as main course I decided to try the ostrich which was served with a delicious mango sauce. Side dishes were potatoes or ships if I remember properly. And the dessert is pictured to the left!

• Study Abroad
    • Work Abroad

Burger King: Burger King

by Gili_S Written Aug 27, 2004

Well, you know me, I do not recommend in my tips this kind of places, but in this case I do because some special person insist to have Whopper for breakfast LOL
    This picture were taken in the burger king of the railway station

Favorite Dish: Whopper

• De Colonie: A wonderful cafe

by sabsi Updated Oct 21, 2003

We had breakfast here. This place was perfect for an extended breakfast really ... beautiful interiour design, great sandwiches, sweets and huge pasta salads (Roy can tell you all about it!). Staff was very friendly and even played some music for us Germans to get to know good Dutch music. For all these reasons - and because of the nice company - we sat here for ages!

Favorite Dish: The sandwich I had was very tasty but Kristina's yoghurt with strawberries looked to die for ;-)

Cafe Bruxelles: Cafe Bruxelles

by Gili_S Written Aug 28, 2004

I went to this place to have a quick dinner and few beers. The service was OK, food was OK and the beer was OK. So, you can understand, nothing special or exciting to tell about, if I wouldn’t have such nice company with me I wouldn’t remember I was in this place at all.
    Oh, and I forgot to tell that the music was too loud to my taste as well

Come back: Come back

by Gili_S Written Aug 28, 2004

This is unique place if you want to have a quick meal or sandwich to eat. It is rather cheap to eat here but I cannot really tell myself as I didn’t tasted the food here, I had earlier that day 5 excellent Belgium’s beers and my stomach were still fool.

• catnl's Profile Photo

Dickens & Jones: Dickens & Jones

by catnl Updated Oct 12, 2003

On Saturday October 11th. Matim(Ilse) arranged dinner for the Vt-ers at this restaurant.
    Its a nice restaurant with a terrace in front.
    When coming inside some waiter is waiting for the guests and tells you which table(s) u will sit.
    VT had more tabels and it was in the back of this establisment.

Favorite Dish: Thanx for letting me use this picture since i didnt bring my camera Helga67

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

Knowledgebase: Knowledgebase

by Gili_S Written Aug 27, 2004

Well, this is not a real coffee house but just an internet coffee, located in the center, it is easy to find and use, no costing much either, so, when I needed to send quick message to my VT friends, that was the right place

• Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo

Many cafe's, bars and terraces: Student atmosphere without a university

by Pavlik_NL Written Oct 4, 2003

The atmosphere in Breda is like that of a university-town. It doesn;t have that, but the many higher schools, averaging on university level add to an enormous vast group of students that somehow know how to party a little bit more then the other people. They, however, join often in the atmosphere and together "Breda" always stands for a great atmosphere on terraces, cafe's and bars in every square in town, and the "markt" in particular. Students enjoy lower prices (which - in my opinion - should be prohibited soon as it is just a way of discrimination)

Breda Hotels

Latest: Mar 10, 2014
B&B Aan de Singelgracht
Latest: Sep 19, 2013

Instant Answers: Breda

Comments

Breda Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Breda locals.
Map of Breda