Sports, Eindhoven

Know about this? Rate It!

Indoor-Sportcentrum Eindhoven

by catnl Updated Oct 11, 2005

Indoor Sport Centrum Eindhoven

Favorite thing: I used to work at the ?ndoor-Sportcentrum Eindhoven.
    This is the most beautifull sportcentre of Europe because of its special wooden roof construction.
    They have lots of big events mostly sports, European and worldchampionships so you understand that i liked my job very much.
    The city of Eindhoven has everything to offer for any kind of sports and for every age. There are more pics and info about all kind of events at the travelogue at my Netherlands pages.
    more pictures

Fondest memory: On this pictire u can see a part of the wooden roof, this picture i made during one of the events 2 years ago

more info

• Architecture
    • Adventure Travel

The Blue Devils USA at Eindhoven

by catnl Updated May 10, 2003

Blue Devils Concorde USA at Eindhoven

Favorite thing: The Blue Devils from the USA.
    The drumcorps and colorguard from Concorde USA stayed in our sportcentre in August 2000.
    I was so lucky to spend over 2 weeks with them day and night. I enjoyed their repitions in the footballstadion next to out center
    and i went with them to Nijmegen for a performance at the Stadion during
    "de 4-daagse van Nijmegen".

For more pictures: take a look at the travelogue called Indoor-Sportcentrum Eindhoven.

Fondest memory: Below one of the comments from one of the members on their site:

----In Holland we stayed at a sport center which was very large inside, sort of like a dome football stadium. We practiced on the next door soccer field, which was home to the Dutch football national champion Eindhoven soccer team. I think we tore their field up a little, but it will grow back. The food in Holland was amazing. The people good pastas and other familiar foods to us, which we all looked forward to eating at the meals. They even had a barbecue for us, with chicken, hamburger, pork, and sate, which was pork on a stick with peanut sauce. The barbecue was really a treat for us.
    More:

• Adventure Travel
    • Theater Travel
    • Music

by catnl Updated May 2, 2004

Indoor-Sportcentrum-Eindhoven

Favorite thing: For excellent sportevents, International and National the place to go is this magnificient sportcentre, on the picture: the table tennis world championship 1999.
    Vladimir Samsonov from Belarus on stage to get his price.
    The chinese players won but for me Samsonov was the best!
    Info