Know about this? Rate It!
See how a lightbulb was made.......
The Philips Incandescent Lamp Factory of 1891
In the oldest Philips factory building an impression is given of how incandescent lamps were made over a hundred years ago. It is probably the only place in the world where you can see what went on in this branch of industry, which was very modern for those days.
Whoever says Eindhoven automatically thinks of incandescent lamps. After all, the fast development of a sleepy market town at the end of the nineteenth century into the fifth city of the Netherlands in our time has everything to do with the private enterprises of Gerard Philips.
A visit to the Philips Incandescent Lamp Factory of 1891 including a guided tour by an expert, forms a part of the guided tours organized by the Eindhoven Tourist Information Office.
Information about this tour is available from the:
Tourist Information Office,
P.O. Box 7, 5600 AA
telephone 0900 1122363.
Visiting hours: Individual visits are possible every last Saturday of the month from 14.30 hrs. till 16.00 hrs..
Reservation is possible by phone .
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Eindhoven Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Bahia Honda Key Hotels
- Nuwara Eliya Hotels
- Taughannock Falls State Park Hotels
- Bergen op Zoom
- Las Vegas
- Mount Tamalpais State Park Hotels
- Chicago Off The Beaten Path
- Colorado Off The Beaten Path
- Boston Off The Beaten Path
- Tennessee Off The Beaten Path
- DAY TRIPS AROUND MUMBAI
- Philadelphia Off The Beaten Path
- Portland Off The Beaten Path
- Key West Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Rome
- Mackinac Island Off The Beaten Path
- Texas Off The Beaten Path
- Washington D.C. Off The Beaten Path