PSV Eindhoven, Eindhoven

by njtourist
  • Bob_Shan's Profile Photo

UEFA final 2006

by Bob_Shan Updated May 12, 2006

"Middlesbrough 0-4 Sevilla" This is the result of 2006 UEFA.
    ***********************************************************************
    I'm not a football fan. Soccer to me is actually something that I couldn't care less. But I know Eindhoven even since when I was in the university because its soccer club is so famous and most of my school mates were talking about it from time to time.

Of course, people were not just talking about Eindhoven, but every major European soccer event. And UEFA final, as a top level competition, has been the one who kept some of my mates up in the middle nights every May. Anyway, those to me seems so far away at that time.

It was not at all expected...
    On May 8, a large group of UEFA officials checked in at the hotel where I was staying.
    On May 9, the entire hotel lobby was decorated with UEFA posts
    On May 10, the whole city was filled with people from England and Spain, most of them in red, singing and dancing, making the city messy. The game was on in the Philips stadium just a few hundred meters away from my hotel.
    On May 11, city backed to normal, while UEFA officials were still in the hotel

I suddenly felt that life is so spontaneous, that it brings together things that never suppose to be together...
    There is no reason not to enjoy it!

• Business Travel
    • Work Abroad

• Silverstar's Profile Photo

PSV Eindhoven

by Silverstar Written Sep 2, 2002

As you probably know, I'm a football fan. So, if you are that too, you can visit a homegame of this big Dutch team. I only saw them play friendly, but the stadium is very beautiful. For all sportsfan around this place is worth a visit and a must if you adore football :-)

• Deus_ultima's Profile Photo

Welcome to the Phillips...

by Deus_ultima Written Aug 26, 2002

Welcome to the Phillips Stadium! Home of the PSV professional soccer team! (arguably trhe best team in Holland, but..that's just an opinion.

Not the biggest stadium I've ever seen, this place does get quite lively when a match occurs. It's architecturaly interesting and it is possible to get a 'tour' of the place, just ask at the reception.
    Not the biggest stadium I've ever seen, this place still gets pretty lively when a match occurs. It's architecturaly interesting and it is possible to get a 'tour' of the place, just ask at the reception.

Instant Answers: Eindhoven