Roosendaal Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Roosendaal

• johngayton's Profile Photo

De Raatskelder: Definitely Not Touristville!

by johngayton Written Nov 30, 2013

As with most Dutch towns everything happens around the main square, and here in Roosendaal this is the Markt. One side is devoted to a row of terraced restaurants which even on a damp, grey October lunchtime all seemed to be doing reasonable business.

I'm not one for choosing restaurants according to reviews, although I do follow friends recommendations, but in the absence of such I just let my instincts guide me. De Raatskelder was one of the busiest of the row and gave off a laid-back buzz as I passed. It also had a free table at the front of the terrace overlooking the square and so that was my decision made for me.

This turned out to be an excellent choice. When I ordered my first beer my friendly, and youthfully pretty, waitress recognised that I wasn't Dutch and offered to get me an English menu. She seemed genuinely delighted when I said that I was OK with the Dutch version and by the time my beer arrived I'd worked out what I fancied.

The lunch menu has something for everyone, ranging from the usual beer nibbles, through sandwiches and tostis, a short salad section and more substantial stuff such as burgers and steaks. There's also a good choice of beers, at very reasonable prices as well as all the other stuff you'd expect.

I was in no rush and so happily spent an hour over lunch just watching the world go by and enjoying the views. Service throughout was prompt but unhurried and the general ambience was pleasantly laid-back and had a very local feel - mind you I was the only tourist in town!

Favorite Dish: I fancied something fairly light and opted for the King Prawn Salad with Wasabi Mayonnaise (even I could translate that from the Dutch!). This turned out to be quite a substantial salad of endives tossed through with sauteed mushrooms, crispy bacon, onions and pinenuts, topped with a skewer of five plumply-flavoursome prawns and dressed with the piquant, but not over-hot, mayonnaise and a good sprinkle of fresh chives to add a touch of zing.

It was accompanied by a couple of warm, crusty bread rolls with a duo of flavoured butters and a side-order of crispy fries with of course more mayonnaise.

For a salad it wasn't perhaps the lowest-fat option but everything was suitably tasty and with a couple of beers my final bill was less than 20 euros.

• Singles
    • Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• Pieter11's Profile Photo

Irodion: Have a greek night!

by Pieter11 Written Mar 7, 2005
    Dolmadakia

Here you can not only have a nice meal, but you will definately have a wonderful night. The enthusiastic Greek people over here will do anything to please you.

Of course you start the evening with an icecold glass of ouzo, and then you will enjoy the delicious greek grilled meat and fish.

Favorite Dish: The Dolmadakia first, followed by any mixed grill dish. They┬┤re all delicious!

And to drink, you should pick the Greek beer Mythos!

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Brasserie: Relax at the train station

by pieter_jan_v Written Oct 10, 2010

Brasserie - Roosendaal station

The Brasserie at the Roosendaal Train station offers good quality snacks, food and drinks.
    It's a great place to relax and the 2007 reconstruction only improved the quality.

• Trains
    • Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Roosendaal

Comments

Roosendaal Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Roosendaal restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Roosendaal sightseeing.