Did you mean?Try your search again
Castle Henkenshage. A former fortified farmhouse, in the fourteenth century was known as Strijpe or Streepe. This was bought in 1850 by Peter Jacob Girard Mielet of Coehoorn and as a country got its present form. In fact, the building is therefore not a real castle, but a mansion.
Read more: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/8d669/6fb36/#ixzz1pCDx1knW
Written Mar 15, 2012
The Knob Tower (Dutch: Knoptoren). The old parish church stands in Eerschots since 1648 as a Presbyterian church. In 1800 the tower, dating from around 1400 lost its spire. In the past, here the tomb of the Lords of the castle De Laar.
Read more: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/8d669/6fb36/#ixzz1opO9Gr00
Written Mar 11, 2012
St. Oedenrode arose on the banks of the river Dommel. The presence of this river has the largest part of the municipality a mark on the development of the landscape. The valley landscape with meadows, pastures and small landscape elements such as steep edges and pools was fairly open. The higher culture countries formed with round fields, hawthorn hedges and windbreaks more closed landscape. Late 13th century the Dukes of Brabant in perpetual leasehold over the issue. common grounds. Thus in 1314 the lease was issued from the "Bottom of Elde. This vast forest and wet heath area was virtually uninhabitable. The boundary of this municipality, between St. Michielsgestel, Boxtel, Schijndel, St. Oedenrode and Liempde was located, was formed by the river Dommel. The commissioning of the Bottom of Elde led to the emergence of the characteristic convex Meierijse field complexes. Some bolakkers in this environment existed for centuries in the same form and completeness by their highly recognizable. On some steep loamy soils in St. Oedenrode were from 1750, because of the right foreleg, many poplars planted. Between 1760 and 1780 was the largest increase in silviculture place in the municipalities of Saint-Schijndel Oedenrode-Udenhout and Veghel. With the planting of poplars, the pattern of sand paths and moist stream valley soils arose in this way the characteristic Meierijse "Peppel Landscape". This landscape was in fact purely economic, as the poplar cultivation largely in the service of the shoe industry. Core of this clog, and thus the poplar cultivation was mainly formed by the communes of Saint-Oedenrode, Schijndel, Veghel, Liempde, Best and Boxtel. In the nineteenth century grew thanks to St. Oedenrode this clog, which culminated in the first half of the twentieth century.
The reclamation of wasteland, known as the Schijndelse Heath, took place from the 18th century, the Kienehoef core.
Written Feb 18, 2012
The Giant Wooden Shoe located in the Dommel park facilities along the Corridor is reminiscent of the past of St. Oedenrode as the center of the shoe industry. The nearly three-meter long wooden shoe was originally made of wood, but fell prey to vandalism. The current lump of concrete.
Written Feb 18, 2012
The Dommel Beemden lie on the eastern banks of the river Dommel (between Nijnsel and St. Oedenrode). It is a nature reserve of 100 ha. Barren meadows, a meandering brook dried with small wetlands and old-fashioned managed weiliandjes are the ingredients for this very attractive nature. Adjacent to the Dommel Beemden find the nut pits, a Veenplas by peat stabbing occurred. This veenput is surrounded by a beautiful broekbos and is bordered by overgrown spray heads. These areas have a rich flora and fauna.
The Dommel Beemden Pits and the nut is a 4.5 km long, marked by blue stakes, country road. This route takes in part by sometimes marshy meadows and fields. The starting point is the parking at the Moelkuilen and is accessible from the front Lieshoutse Dike building number 39. There is an information board with information about the flora and fauna.
In this natuurgbieden are several footpaths. There is also a regular basis by local nature associations with nature walks organized.
Updated Feb 11, 2012
this church was built in 1915, for more info about the history see their website (Dutch)
the first church in this village was called the Oda church (1200)
Inside the church is a organ from 1839 called the "Smitsorgel"
Updated Oct 29, 2006
Address: Kerkplein 47A
Sint Oedenrode was the greenest place in Europe in 2000, beaitufull old town and got its city rights in 1232 yrs a.c.
Thanks to the Cloqfactory this town grew bigger in the nineteenth century.
The city has a ccasle called Henkeshage.
Also Sint Oedenrode became famous because of the "Oda" factory
Sint-Oedenrode is devided in several small places: on the pictures a part of the old center.
Updated Oct 29, 2006
There are many plants and animals in Vresselsbos. The most impressive are the Scottish Highlanders that graze in fenced areas around the Hazenputten (natural lakes). Furthermore, you can spot numerous birds including the graceful heron. Where farmland meets forest, domestic animals like sheep, horses, pigs and cows are common.
The trees in this are are a mixture of broadleaf trees and conifers. In autumn, there are colourful mushrooms all around.
For a discription of a hike in the Vresselsbos, see my sports tip.
Updated Sep 25, 2006
very nice decorated restaurant with great staff and delicious food, went there with Lenny and Pamela October 2006.
Waitingtime was long about 30 min, but certainly worth it:-)
Favorite Dish: i had mixed grill with salad and french fries
Written Oct 21, 2006
Address: Heuvel 6 Sint Oedenrode
Vresselsbos is a forest to the southeast of Sint-Oedenrode (close to the small village of Nijnsel). People have been living in this area for a long time. Remains of an old farm were dated back to 1410 before Christ, the bronze era.
In the heart of Vresselsbos, there are two groups of lakes: Moerkuilen and Hazenputten. Moerkuilen thank their existance to peat cutting. Hazenputten is a natural mere. About 100 years ago, there were no trees in this area. Instead, the entire area was taken by drifting sand and meadow. In dry times, much sand was blown away in some places. In rainy times, these places became meres.
Equipment: There are several hikes in this area. The paths are clearly marked and well maintaned. The longest trail is circular and about 10 km long. After rainfalls, hiking boots are recommended. In dry periods, any boots will do as long as they are comfortable for hiking.
Updated Sep 25, 2006
Address: Vresselseweg 33, 5491PA, Sint-Oedenrode