Neogothic former Franciscan Monastery House Cecilia (1901.1906). Since 2005 the sisters left. In the front yard was then an image of an angel musicians, the renovatiein 2010-2011, this was reduced to deoorspronkelijke spot above the main entrance. Architect Hubert van Groenendael. On a side lies the cemetery, where hundreds sisters are buried.
Saint Lambert Neogothic pseudo basilica of St. Lambert, from 1871. The church was designed by Hendrik Jacobus van Tulder. The organ, from around 1910, was built by Theodore Nöhren from Nijmegen. Next to the church you will find a Sacred Heart statue from 1922.
The next to the church rectory was built in 1872, probably also by Van Tulder. Nowadays, the parsonage a house. There are some monumental trees planted in the garden and there is a statue of St. Michael.
Some farms are municipal monument. Some of them are transitional types between hall house and long farmhouse and their history sometimes goes back to the 17th century. In later centuries it has grown to true but often is the basic form and some elements from the 17th and 18th century still exist. Examples are: Rush Road 32, Corsica 12 Leinserondweg 10, Pastor Clercxstraat 16 Zond Veldstraat 15.
Some bronze statues, including two peasant children and Fanfare St. Cecilia in 2002. on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of it.
Dalton Farm, a modern pig farm which can be visited without appointment.
A Lady Chapel, in the garden of the convent, completed in 2010.
Completely restored and renovated monastery in the heart of Zijtaart containing now include the gym, the school and the Dorpshuis.2011.
In 2005 the world record for the longest line of motorize bicycle the so called "Solex" was smashed.
Café-Zaal Kleijngeld is a bar in Zijtaart which exists for many years now. The history is known that before 1872 the land, which now Café-Zaal Kleijngeld state, owned by Adriana detects and Theodor Rijt (farmer of Appeal). It was still pasture.
In 1873 for the first time reported from the municipal registry that a house and that the land already purchased by Peter van Lith, married to Johanna Bekkers and carpenter by trade. Exact destination is as yet impossible to trace, but it is known that already in 1878 during the celebration of the commissioning of the new fire engine an invoice issued by Petrus van Lith for 33 men: 4 jars of beer per man from 0 05 cents, total hfl 6.60.
In 1902 there will be a change of destination of a house and this time around is the property owned brewery in Veghel Smits, who already owns a lot of property in Zijtaart.
It is nice place with a familiar caracter and friendly people. There is also a banquet where during carnaval the bigger events take place. Also private parties can be arranged here.
The most popular sport in Holland is football. The local team plays regional and is called VOW (Voetbalvereniging Oranje Wit). For our Cup Final 2008 experiance check, Cup Final VOW.