FEBO, Amsterdam

Know about this?

Someone is enjoying a Febo!
    by mazzap
  • mazzap's Profile Photo

Tasty Hot Snacks at Febo's!

by mazzap Updated Jan 12, 2006

Someone is enjoying a Febo!

Before I visited Amsterdam - I read on VT (of course!) about Febo's. Naturally I had to try something from this fast food snack place. For just 1 Euro I was pleasantly surprised with my instant hot snack - I can't remember the name of it - it looked like a typical Dutch croquette.

Self serve yourself from the coin operated mini windows - the food is replenished regularly and is served piping hot on a little paper plate - it fills a gap for a while - just what you expect for your money really!

By the way - I don't know the 'model' demonstrating the food in my pic - he just wouldn't move out of the way!!

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Febo

by barryg23 Updated Apr 12, 2003

Febo is a Dutch version of McDonalds (though they have that too), whose most interesting aspect was the vending machine style take-away food. All Febo take-away's had a self-service section where you put in the money and get the fries/burgers or whatever. I've never seen this type of service for fast food before and it sure didn't look very appetising, though it seemed popular. I don't eat take-away food as a rule, so I certainly wasn't going to buy it from a vending machine!

Instant Answers: Amsterdam