Bitterzoet, Amsterdam

Know about this? Rate It!

• Bitterzoet: HATES TOURISTS - BITTERZOET

by chiokada Written Jul 3, 2006

**DO NOT GO TO BITTERZOET **
    It used to be a cool place to go until they decided that they were too cool to let everyone in. I recently went to Bitterzoet and our American friends could not get in because they were tourists! They also served all of the Dutch people at the bar before they would serve me. When I confronted the staff about the discriminatory treatment, the cashier girl hit me across the face. Yes, she PHYSICALLY ASSAULTED me even though I did not show any signs of physical violence. The doorman actually said "We do not want tourists here because Dutch people will stop coming here if there are too many tourists." Consequently, I have filed a police report against the establishment.
    **DO NOT GO TO BITTERZOET **

Dress Code: Any dress goes as long as you aren't a tourist!! They hate anyone who isn't Dutch.

• School Holidays
    • Study Abroad
    • Work Abroad

• JenniferG's Profile Photo

Bitterzoet: Bittersweet symphony

by JenniferG Written Dec 12, 2003

This is a recently opened place and one of my favourite places to dance and to socialize.
    The people here are open minded and easy to talk to. A lot of other clubs in Amsterdam are filled with beautiful people who really know that they're beautiful, understand what I mean? This place isn't! People are just with two feet steady on the ground which makes it fun to talk to them!

The music varies. There are live acts like guest dj's or bands playing regularly. On thursday for example was a jazz band playing on breakbeat sounds. Last friday there was a hiphop night with breakdancers and all. The program is very diverse.

Make sure you'll be there before 12 otherwise you have to wait in line and you will risk the club to be all filled up and you won't get in anymore!

Dress Code: The only thing that's not allowed are striped and checked men's shirts!

Instant Answers: Amsterdam