Know about this? Rate It!
ARTIS, THE AMSTERDAM ZOO....
In the very heart of AMSTERDAM is a lovely, magnificent ZOO.
It is very worthwhile going there especially on a Springday in April when all trees, shrubs, bushes, tulips and more will surprise you and surround you with sweet smells!
A lot has been done for children in special children's corners......they will feel happy there.
About (wild) animals in cages....sometimes it feels wrong and I feel sorry for them but I know they get the best care possible!
There are also exchanges with other ZOOs to make them mate and have young......
It was great to see the newborn giraffe, which I had already seen in television.....there was also a new wolf, Berhard who is expected to mate with the female wolves.......I am looking forward to seeing more and more youngsters!
A day at ARTIS will always be a great and special day!
There are of course giftshops and restaurants and much more!!
From the Central Railwaystation you have to take tram line 9 to reach Artis!!
I can really recommend ARTIS to you.....
To the east of the city is the ARTIS. This park holds the city zoo, aquarium, planetrium, geological museum, zoological museum. The zoo was fantastic. They had a great diversity of animals and except for a few nervous parrots, they all looked happy and healthy. The aquarum was worth the visit but it is very small. The planetarium was not worth going unless you speak Dutch. Everything was in Dutch in this builiding. It's a nice place to spend the day expecially with kids but even if its just us adults.
Located at Plantage Kerklaan 38-40 1018 CZ Amsterdam
- Family Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Matugama Hotels
- Fair Hill
- Mont Saint Michel
- Terrigal Hotels
- Marianske Lazne
- Pine Bluff Hotels
- Varna Hotels
- Sri Lanka Off The Beaten Path
- Berlin Off The Beaten Path
- New Mexico Off The Beaten Path
- Within a 3 Hour Drive
- Oregon Off The Beaten Path
- Cameron Highlands Off The Beaten Path
- Sevilla Off The Beaten Path
- Sedona Off The Beaten Path
- Barry Island
- Bermuda Off The Beaten Path
- Delhi Off The Beaten Path
- Saint Augustine Off The Beaten Path