Alberto's Carreta, Amsterdam

• Alberto's Carreta
    by ter1413
  • Delicoous!

by lovastone Written Jan 5, 2013

Maybe some people had bad experience in this restaurant but , i can insure that i've never eaten such a delicious Pollo Asado. The staff was kind. My fiance and i were totally satisfied. If we go to Amsterdam, surely we will go there again.

Favorite Dish: Pollo asado

• Adventure Travel

• alberto´s steakhouse: don´t go there

by PrebenS Written Jul 22, 2012

we visited Albertos steak house and we had a bad experience. the chicken was bad, the steak was raw and cold. we complained and the staff were indifferent and rejecting end. because of the chicken, we would not eat there and sage we would pay for our drinks but not too bad food. Police were not cooperative and we would pay for the health hazardous food. so all in all a very bad experience we can only recommend to stay away from this place.

Favorite Dish: none

• ter1413's Profile Photo

Alberto's Carreta Uruguayan Steakhouse: Great Steak in Amsterdam!

by ter1413 Written Sep 11, 2010

I have eaten in this place at least once during my 3 trips to Amsterdam. Located a short walk from Dam square, the restaurant isn't huge, but the food makes up for that! You can spend a day walking and shopping on Kalverstraat and at the far end near Spui, you will find Alberto's. Their focus is steak but I believe they have a few other specials. They also do accept Amex/Visa, etc. Good place for a good steak!
    No reservations needed.

Favorite Dish: Rib Eye/baked potato......make sure you ask for the sauces on the side. They have 2 types of sauce....one made with milk and another that is a nice compliment to you dish and a littly spicy. I asked if they sold the sauce and they don't but he wrapped up a nice portion of both in some small plastic containers and I brought them home!
    The pricing that you see below is with 2-3 Heinekens..

• MacDaddie's Profile Photo

Alberto's Carreta: Uruguayan Steakhouse

by MacDaddie Written May 25, 2005

Good Steak Restaurant....Its about the best steak I've had in Belgium and the Netherlands. Its a great place to sit/relax/ and refresh before beginning to walk again!!

Reasonable Prices

Favorite Dish: Got the largest steak they had

Instant Answers: Amsterdam

Comments

Hotels Near Alberto's Carreta
4.0 out of 5 stars