Bagels & Beans, Amsterdam

by markyg
  • Smutzie's Profile Photo

Bagels and Beans: Great bagels

by Smutzie Written Aug 3, 2005

Cosy and bright little cafe with wooden floors and a handful of tables. Big glass windows are perfect for people watching. The street is relatively quiet in the morning, a nice break from the bustling crowds in the centre. Service was friendly and the waitress brought two "love hearts" with the bill which I thought was a nice touch.

Favorite Dish: There were serval different types of bagels and fillings to choose from. I had the multi-grain bagel with walnut and honey cream cheese. It was very tasty. They also had a selection of coffees. I enjoyed the hazelnut roast. I also liked the big sugar bowls on the tables that had not only sugar cubes but sweets. Although I almost put a jelly in my drink.

• markyg's Profile Photo

Bagels and Beans: Fresh Bagels in Europe

by markyg Written Mar 15, 2006

Bagel shop

It is hard to find good bagels in Europe, at least in Germany where I live. I grew up in New York State and fresh bagels were a breakfast staple. Having had several bagel let downs in Germany, I was hesitant to try this place in Amsterdam. I have been to Bagels and Beans now about 10 times and go there for breakfast every time I am in Amsterdam. I even get the same breakfast each time, large coffee, fresh squeezed orange juice and a seaseme seed bagel with lachs, chive cream cheese and capers. I have even bought the dough so I can take it home and cook fresh bagels (not quite as good as in the store). They have many different bagels, spreads and toppings, some standard and some more unusual such as pastrami or pesto. They also have about a dozen or so juices and muffins. The wait staff is always very friendly and the music is good uplifting morning music. You can sit inside or outside by the canal, just beware that they don't open that early. Saturdays and Sunday not until 0958-1802, Monday-Friday at 0929-1732.

Instant Answers: Amsterdam

Comments

Hotels Near Bagels & Beans
3.5 out of 5 stars