Barney's, Amsterdam

4 out of 5 stars 4 Stars - 5 Reviews

Haarlemmerstraat 98 & 102 - 1013 EW Amsterdam +31-20-6259761/

Whoohoo I Found Barney's Coffeeshop!
    by RawdgerDodger
  • eat a good breakfast then smoke a joint...........
    eat a good breakfast then smoke a...
    by excitableone
  • Barney's
    by ADV27
  • excitableone's Profile Photo

barneys breakfast bar and coffeeshop: good morning amsterdam!!!!

by excitableone Written Jan 3, 2003

eat a good breakfast then smoke a joint...........

the menu wasn't the biggest, but your in a coffeeshop expecting the best here is like wanting a filet mignon at burger king. i had the english breakfast which had eggs, toast, ham, potatos, and pancakes...it wasn't the best but for 6 euro not bad! we picked to come here before our flight at 11:00 am and since barney's opens earlier than most coffeeshops we had to have a goodbye smoke!!!

Favorite Dish: well i guess it would be the morning glory marijuana..it wasn't the best i smoked while in amsterdam, but it was better than anything back home!

• Nor_Cal_Brad's Profile Photo

Barney's Breakfast Bar: Get the Day Started Right at Barney's

by Nor_Cal_Brad Updated Nov 5, 2006

Barney's Breakfast Bar had decent food, for a decent price. This place is a restaurant / coffeeshop that can be crowded at times, but if you're looking for a pretty good American style breakfast (which seemed pretty hard to come by in Amsterdam). They also offer English and Irish breakfasts. There is a sound system in the restaurant, so music is always playing. In the corner is the coffeeshop section, where a dealer will show you the selection, describe the different products, and weigh out anything you need. When we ordered breakfast before going over to his section, the dealer came over and gave all of us crutches and lighters to encourage us to come over.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish was the American breakfast. It was pretty good. I mean, it wasn't the best breakfast I've ever had, but there's not many times while I was in Europe that I actually got eggs and potatoes for breakfast.

• ADV27's Profile Photo

Barney's: Best Breakfast in All of Amsterdam

by ADV27 Written Oct 17, 2002

I've undoubtedly visited Barney's more often than any other coffeeshop in Amsterdam. That's because I like to start the day with a good breakfast, several mugs of tea and a fat joint to wash it all down with.
    Both the eating and the smoking menus are extensive and the staff work really hard to look after the stream of blitzed and/or hungover tourists who pass through every day
    Irish owner Derry has been working on the coffeeshop aspect of the shop. First he began stocking more top-notch varieties. Then he entred the Cannabis Cup. In the winter of 1999 he had the place completely refurbished.It's now very popular and attracts a predominantly American and British crowd. During the morning it gets very busy. Expect to be encouraged to adopt the Dutch tradition of table sharing. You are also requested to stay in your seat (except when visiting the dealer's counter) to leave the narrow gangway free for staff. It's a bit quieter very early in the morning and later in the afternoon.

Favorite Dish: The Traditional Irish Breakfast is by far the best dish and the reason that Barney's stand its gound in the mixed up mess of restaurants. The standard Irish breakfast consists of eggs, bacon, sausages, mushrooms, beans, tomato and toast (€9.50). There are also vegetarian options.

• RawdgerDodger's Profile Photo

Barney's: The Hash Palace

by RawdgerDodger Updated Jul 18, 2006
    Whoohoo I Found Barney's Coffeeshop!

This place is great due to the fact that you can have a nice breakfast and smoke your stuff while you are waiting for your meal to arrive to you. Then after you are done with your meal, you can smoke some more. Out of all the coffeeshops I visited, Barneys has the best hash. It is very expensive hash (60 US dollars a gram) but since it is an ice-o-later and specially made in Holland, it has 4 times the amount of THC then your normal hash. It is worth it in my opinion. After smoking this stuff, adios and see you later. You are ready to go walk around the concentric circles of Amsterdam and forget where or why you are walking so much. You begin to realize that it is just fun to walk around Amsterdam.
    The hash I am referring to keeps changing its name. As time passes, it's makers mutate it into daughters and sons of the original ice-o-later. The original as I understand it is Barney Rubble. I got to try the daughter product called Kandi Bubble this Winter of 06'. Personally, I can't wait to see what they have when I go back this summer of 06'.

Favorite Dish: The Cheese Omlette is my favorite dish. Perhaps I like it so much because I have been persuaded by the ever so seductive Kandi Bubble.

• Barneys: Good decent English Breakfast

by bitstorm Written Mar 7, 2013

Good place for a english / irish breakfast and a spliff while you drink your tea (although havent been for awhile so maybe you cant smoke any more?). It does what it says on the tin anyway and Ive met the owner a few times who is a nice guy.

Favorite Dish: full irish breakfast

Instant Answers: Amsterdam

Comments

Hotels Near Barney's
3.5 out of 5 stars