Café Renzo Piano, Amsterdam

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Cafe Renzo Piano

by HORSCHECK Updated Dec 3, 2012

Cafe Renzo Piano in Nemo Science Centre

On our Sunday morning stroll we came across the Cafe Renzo Piano, which is actually the museum cafe of Amsterdam's Science Center, commonly known as Nemo. The Nemo building was designed by the Italian architect Renzo Piano, hence the name of the cafe.

Due to its nice location we decided to have a late breakfast here. Some tables are located outside and face the vibrant Oosterdok. We took a seat inside at the window and enjoyed the panoramic views. The interior is kept in a modern colourful style.

The menu offers a selection of snacks and dishes. I ordered a warm chocolate (2,20 Euro) and a ham and cheese toast (2,95 Euro). The toast was a bit small, but still we enjoyed our visit of Cafe Renzo Piano a lot.

• Trains

• yumyum's Profile Photo

Café Renzo Piano: Cafe Renzo Piano in the Nemo building

by yumyum Written Oct 29, 2012

Nemo, caf�� is to the left

On our walk in cool, windy weather we came across the "Nemo" building which houses a technical museum. On the side of the building along the waterfront you will find the entrance to the Café Renzo Piano. I must say I really liked the interior and we had a table by the window with a lovely view.

The modern café offers soups, snacks, drinks, cakes and more. Service was friendly. The free toilets are shared with the museum.

The café is named after the architect Renzo Piano who designed the "Nemo".

Favorite Dish: I ordered a black tea (Earl Grey is what I got) which came with sugar, a small wrapped stroopwafel (cookie) and some honey for Euro 2.20. The ham and cheese toast cost Euro 2.95. You can choose white or brown bread.

Instant Answers: Amsterdam