Eetkamer van de Jordaan, Amsterdam

4.5 out of 5 stars 6 Reviews

Westerstraat 76 - 1015 ML Amsterdam +31-20-6250746

Jo, cheers love!
    by Igraine
  • Main course, beef with gorgonzola and pear
    Main course, beef with gorgonzola and...
    PJ and Swanet
  • jo104's Profile Photo

De Eetkamer van de Jordaan: De Eetkamer van de Jordaan

by jo104 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Starters

Yet another fab VT meet at this restuarant - maybe VT should take commission :-)
    I had the chicken with a lovely stuffing served with potato croquettes, asparagus & veg
    For starters melon & parma ham with shavings of lovely dutch cheese - yummy
    Then desert was a delectable chocolate mousse with whipped cream.
    Be aware that cream in Holland is usually sweetened

The house wine was good & Swanet & myself certainly got stuck in :-)
    They charge Euro 2 for ciabatta & herb butter something we overlooked

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Eetkamer van de Jordaan: At the Jordaan

by pieter_jan_v Updated Apr 4, 2011

Eetkamer van de Jordaan

Great local place with good food. Rather small, so reserve in advance.

I can assure this place only has toppers on the menu (including vegetarian).
    It's hard to make a choice as all the items are appealing.

For Euro 30 to 35 you will enjoy a great 3 course meal, drinks included.

In the background Andre Hazes can be heard, the music level is low.

Open from 5.30 PM.

Favorite Dish: Rode Poon (a fish dish).
    The vegetables are very fresh.

• Igraine's Profile Photo

Belgian and French Restaurants / Bistro: De Eetkamer Part DEUX

by Igraine Written Sep 29, 2006

My starter, carpaccio

Once again De eetkamer van de Jordaan was the setting for a VT mini meeting. This time I greeted my friend Jo(104) and her friend Rich. Also PJ and Swanet joined for this dinner.
    It was a great pleasure to see Jo again and catch up with affairs from VT and outside of course.

• De Eetkamer van der Jordaan: VT meeting in the Jordaan

by Mariajoy Updated Feb 19, 2006

Swanet and Pj

My great Dutch friends PJ and Swanet suggested dinner in this super Dutch restaurant in the Jordaan area of Amsterdam (where we also met up with Igraine (Ingrid) -and after several visits to this fascinating city I thought it was about time to try some Dutch food other than the ubiquitous *toasty*. I wasn't disappointed... this restaurant is fabulous. The menu is varied and has vegetarian options and the service is impeccable. It was very busy on the night we went and seemed very popular with locals. Its not exactly for those on a budget - but well worth every Euro!

Favorite Dish: I had the vegetarian dish with pancakes, feta cheese and spinach and a HUGE salad I couldn't finish... followed by a delectable chocolate mousse *Mmmmmmmm*!!!

• Igraine's Profile Photo

Eetkamer van de Jordaan: Eetkamer van de Jordaan

by Igraine Written Oct 30, 2005

Main course

We went to this restaurant because PJ and MariaJoy had been walking around Amsterdam earlier that day and i had invited myself for dinner.
    The restaurant is located in the Jordaan as the name states, its near the Noordermarkt. The restaurant was nicely decorated and had generous sized tables for a change. I get so so tired of this places where you can eat from each others plate so small as the tables are.

Favorite Dish: As a main course I had the Italian brochette, pieces of meat on a stick. They were grilled in italian herbs. With it came a portion of spiced risotto and a bunch of grilled cherry tomatoes. Tasted very good!
    Maria was amazed by the side dishes that came on the table, peas, carrots, salad and2 types of potatoes, she asked if we had ordered them. Nope we hadnt, it was still normal here to serve side dishes.

As dessert I had white choclate mousse, kiwi/apple icecream with whipped cream. The mousse had choc pieces in it, very nice I must add.

• CarolynShort's Profile Photo

De Eetkamer van de Jordaan: Great food, service and surroundings

by CarolynShort Written Sep 15, 2005

This restaurant was recommended by the caretaker of the houseboat we stayed on, and we weren't disappointed. We were lucky to be seated without a reservation, and the atmosphere was friendly and lively, but not noisy.

The staff were very helpful (which was lucky, because they didn't have an English menu - which can be fun if you're not vegetarian like one of my friends!).. I also think not having an English menu bodes well for the quality of the food, if they're not catering for tourists they have to depend on locals re-visiting them!

I had a steak which was perfectly cooked, and chicory in cheese sauce that I'd never tried before... and I'm sorry but their chips were great!

At first glance, the menu looked quite expensive, (maybe we hadn't got used to mentally converting Euros into GBP at that point) so we skipped starters and desserts and the meal ended up cheaper than what we'd expect to pay in the UK

Instant Answers: Amsterdam

Comments

Hotels Near Eetkamer van de Jordaan