El Rancho, Amsterdam

Rancho Argentinian Grill, Amsterdam
    by seamandrew
  • El Rancho: Fortunately the steak is not bad

by marykbr Written Apr 9, 2012

I definitely won't recommend that place. We really wanted to eat some good Argentinian steak and were very disappointed.
    We ordered 2 Coronas we received 2 Cokes, after mentionning it they brought us a Corona and a Desperados (...) with no excuse from the waiter.
    The sangria was outrageously bad served ( the pitcher was full of fruit with nothing to drink in it).
    But that was only for the drinks... Extra for side dishes, burnt steak, disgusting potato peels on the baked potatoes, sausages for the steak in supplement...
    And to finish we saw how they cleant the kitchen... A dirty dish towel with some tap water...

Definitely don't go there...

Favorite Dish: Argentinian steak 200g... The meat was not bad

• Bushman23's Profile Photo

Rancho Argentinean Grill: Great South American food!

by Bushman23 Written Oct 12, 2007

nice atmosphere

This was the first restaurant we had lunch in, and it was probably the best of all the spots we tried...its not to close to the Red Light district, so you need to take a bit of a wander to find it, but the food is fantastic, and the atmosphere is nice n laid back, even though it seems pretty smart.

Favorite Dish: I had a sirloin steak with veggies, and a pepper sauce... Yummy!

• breughel's Profile Photo

RANCHO ARGENTINIAN GRILL: RANCHO ARGENTINIAN GRILL

by breughel Updated Jul 11, 2007

There are several restaurants with the name RANCHO in the streets close to the Leidseplein. I went 3 times to this one in the Lange Leidsedwarsstraat 114.
    The meat was excellent and the waiters (not from South America but from Bangladesh) very kind.
    Prices are somewhat high because potatoes and salad are supplements but the grilled meat is quite tasteful and prepared with skill.
    A good place for meat.

Favorite Dish: Grilled Rib-Eye with papa al horno.

• Callavetta's Profile Photo

El Rancho: Argentinian Beef....... Yum!

by Callavetta Written Aug 19, 2003

There are a plethora of Argentinean Steakhouses in Amsterdam. I discovered my favorite, El Rancho, on my very first trip. This casual restaurant has a wide variety of barbeque specialties. I've never ordered, but have seen others get, a huge combo platter that comes on a hibachi kind of thing. Looks fabulous.

Favorite Dish: My favorite combo is grilled salmon and bbq ribs. It comes with a huge baked potato, grilled bell pepper and a cob of corn.

• seamandrew's Profile Photo

Rancho Argentinian Grill: NOT my favorite...... Rancho...

by seamandrew Updated Jul 12, 2003

Rancho Argentinian Grill, Amsterdam

NOT my favorite......

While my meal was cooked the way I asked, it was not your typical 'Churassco.' They served my some other steak that was good. This place literally charged for sauce to season the steak. I thought that was outrageous. Also, the steak came bare, no rice, no potato, nothing. I had pay for a side order of rice. I wouldn't recommend this place.
    Aside from this one girl, the service was also horrible. Vegetarians, beware of this place, Elisabeth had very very few options.

Favorite Dish: Not my favorite but I had the Churrasco....and it was okay.

Instant Answers: Amsterdam

Comments

Hotels Near El Rancho
3.0 out of 5 stars