Five Bells, Amsterdam

Sandwich
    WIngs
  • Five Bell, Amsterdam: Arrogant, Ignorant and bad mannered

by SparklingStar Written Aug 22, 2012

The food was glorified pub grub at restaurant prices. I had to ask a second time for the bottle of wine to be brought to the table and this caused panic among the staff. My husband and I ordered Chicken, Peppers and Onions on skewer. However all we got was chicken with a slice of onion and slice of pepper on a plate. We thought that was how they did it there until we saw another customer complain when he got the same. When we went to pay, my husband went to tell the manager about the chicken dish and what a mouthful he got back..... Bad manners, ignorant and not a sign of an apology which is all that we really wanted. I would never go near that place again. Too expensive and very unprofessional.

Favorite Dish: None

• School Holidays

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Five Bells Bar & BBQ: In Front of the Hotel

by grandmaR Updated Jan 1, 2010

Five Bells and people eating outside

We went out to the front of the hotel and there was a quite lively scene with people eating and drinking and music and all kinds of stuff. There were several different restaurants which had staked out separate areas of the plaza for their patrons.

We had dinner here the first night, and then lunch on the day we left.

Favorite Dish: For dinner we got pepperoni pizza and drumsticks (photo 3). We had virgin drinks which came in glasses which were in the shape of ladies - with breasts (photo 2). We had ice cream concoctions for dessert. The cost was 40 euros

For lunch the next day we had soup and salad or sandwich (photos 4 and 5)

Instant Answers: Amsterdam

Comments

Hotels Near Five Bells
4.5 out of 5 stars