Haesje Claes, Amsterdam

haesje claes
    by yokomm....
  • Restaurant Haesje Claes: Good variety, good service

by mbgm Written Jul 7, 2013

A rambling series of small rooms gives this place an intimate atmosphere. We enjoyed fresh asparagus soup and the national dish entree - basically meat, potatoes and vegetables baked together in a wonderful sauce. Be sure to try some of the locally-made gin.

Liked this place so much we went there 2x in the same week.

• SandiMandi's Profile Photo

Haesje Claes: Traditional Dutch food

by SandiMandi Written Apr 11, 2012

On our first day in Amsterdam we stumbled upon this cozy restaurant on Spuistraat. It appeared to be quite a good choice, serving traditional Dutch food. You could choose a la carte or a fixed menu with a selection of three starters, main courses and desserts. The price for a fixed menu was EUR 23,50, which was quite reasonable.

The ambience was quite hasty as it seemed to be a popular place, but nevertheless we didn’t have to wait too long for our meals. I had an “Amsterdam menu” with a tomato soup as a starter, chicken breast fillet with red port sauce as a main course and a delicious apple pie for dessert. The place looked quite small, but I guess we only saw one of their dining rooms as I found out later on their web page that in fact the restaurant extends over six different, interconnected buildings.

Favorite Dish: I really liked the tomato soup, it was simply the best ever!

• Luxury Travel

• magarisashka's Profile Photo

Haesje Claes: Michelin Guide recommended

by magarisashka Written Jan 24, 2010

It was recommended by our guide, and we were not dissapointed.

Great service (staff are really nice), tasty food, attractive interior, prices are not low, but it is worth it.

However, I were ready for smth UNREALLY unusual - but it is just good restaurant.

Favorite Dish: We have been there only once and tasted chiken and pork - nice. Drinks - wine and beer: nothing special. Also we tryed dessert (apple pie) - delicious.

• traveloturc's Profile Photo

Haesje Claes Restaurant: Easy

by traveloturc Written Aug 3, 2006

The restaurant is formed by six connecting houses with three separate entrances. The rustic interior of beam ceilings and brick wall wraps warmly creating a time travel experience for all who enter. Haesje Claes has one menu serving warm meals all day. This menu changes every month according to season.It is best to reserve in advance.

Favorite Dish: Dutch Dish

• yokomm....'s Profile Photo

Haesje Claes: This made my world change.

by yokomm.... Written Apr 28, 2005

This restaurant has very classic air but is natural and plain. It is also small, so I felt like I were in someone's house in netherland. at then. And food!!! We can enjoy the typical dutch food.

Favorite Dish: To tell the truth, I don't like fish.... (particularly raw,in spite of being japanese,haha).But this made my world change!! Herring. This restaurant served smorked herring for us at then. It's tender, tasted very good. When I came back to Japan, I bought tons of herring at airport because I coudn't forget thetaste and I guessed that I would not be able to get same thing at store in Tokyo.

haesje claes

• geoffboxer's Profile Photo

Haesje Claes: Touch of Class.

by geoffboxer Written Jan 28, 2004

The oak pannels and thick wooden tables and tastful decore gives you a feeling of the Golden Age. Open 12 noon -10pm for lunch and dinner. Extensive men and very good wine list. The service is normally impecable but can be a little slow when its very busy. The fresh selection of bread and rolls come with herb and normal butter , all in.I managed the dessert on one occasion and was a work of art delivered personally by the Chef!!

Favorite Dish: Poached dane of Salmon in a Gouda cheese and cream sauce with selection of real fresh veg and new potatoes.
    Rack of lamb on a bed of pan fried veg and herbs in a Port wine sauce. and many more too numerouse to mention !!

Instant Answers: Amsterdam

Comments

Hotels Near Haesje Claes
4.0 out of 5 stars