Hard Rock Café, Amsterdam

Max Euweplein 57-61 - 1017 MA Amsterdam +31-20-5237625

• danmcf's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: they're everywhere

by danmcf Written Jul 2, 2003

pick a seat outside and watch the bicyclists go by

Hey, it's a Hard Rock Cafe - basically the same food as all the others.
    They've marketed themselves real well though. They have my wife all wrapped up in collecting shot glasses, and you can't forget the t-shirts, tank tops, etc.
    My wife broke our shotglass from the Amsterdam HRC, so I made this last solo trip just to pick up a replacement (LOL).

Favorite Dish: All the food is generally good.

• BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Good cocktails & wings

by BorneoGrrl Updated Jan 15, 2006

Hard Rock Cafe Amsterdam

I'd have to agree with anyone who thinks that the Hard Rock Cafe is a tourist trap. Nevertheless, for a tourist trap I know that they always have nice, big cocktails and American food. It was next to my hotel and on the canal so I walked in since I don't know where else to eat. The restaurant is quite big, and I took a table near the glass wall where I could enjoy my Long Beach Ice Tea as I watch the boats cruising along the canal. The food is also well prepared and the service is great (thanks TJ!) and the prices are expected for the HRC but also expect big, hearty portions. The usual HRC menu also applies e.g fajitas, wings, jumbo burgers & loads of cocktails. Also, you can expect great music and atmostphere in this place

• excitableone's Profile Photo

hard rock cafe: american food in amsterdam???

by excitableone Updated Dec 2, 2002

hard rock cafe amsterdam

the resaurant it's self is very large and in a great area as far as convenience, but thats everything in amsterdam to us. the service is a lot better than most places if your used to american style service. the food was always tasty ( we went twice ) we each had something different each time and each time enjoyed what we had.

Favorite Dish: we both were craving burgers the first time we went so we each had bbq burgers with fries and an apple cobbler for desert we also has some chicken spring rolls and i must say they were delicious. the second time i had the pasta bolonegse and my lady had the french dip, which was slightly dry..then apple cobbler for desert.
    overall if your craving some good old american grease go to the hard rock you'll enjoy.

• mickeyboy07's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Love All,Serve All

by mickeyboy07 Written Mar 27, 2012

Amsterdam's Hard Rock Cafe is located in the city centre near 'Leidseplein' on the 'Max Euweplein'.The restaurant is split into three levels to offer you the best views of the canals,offering a great atmosphere for both visitors and locals.Sit on the Canal side terrace and have a beer or inside and try the extensive menu with steaks and burgers being very popular.Rock memorabilia decorates the walls with clothing and items from such bands as 'The Rolling Stones,Aerosmith and Faster Pussycat',plus a great gift shop next door.
    The service is good but like all other Hard Rock Cafe's the price is a little high.

Opening times:Sun till Thu 11.30-midnight(kitchen closes 23.30)
    Fri and Sat 11.30-01.00(kitchen closes 00.30)
    Merchandise:Sun till Thu 10.00-midnight
    Fri and Sat 10.00-01.00

Favorite Dish: We only had drinks here as it was very full in the dining area but from what we saw the food looked very good but quite expensive.

• Beer Tasting

• SandiMandi's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Café: Good location, not so good food!

by SandiMandi Written May 9, 2012

On our last night in Amsterdam we wanted to have some burgers. We first stumbled upon a misleadingly named restaurant “Burgers patio”, which does not serve any burgers whatsoever. As we had previously decided that if we couldn’t find a decent burger place near our B & B we would go to Hard Rock Café, as they would definitely serve burgers there. So, HRC it was. I’ve only been to Hard Rock Café once before, in Berlin, but for my fiancé this was the first time ever.

The location of Hard Rock Cafe is good, near Leidseplein, and on the higher floors you have a nice view. We enjoyed the atmosphere, the décor and the music, even the over-eager staff was ok, but when we got our burgers, I must say it was such a disappointment. I was looking forward to having a big, juicy burger with spicy sauce, lettuce, pickles, onion and tomato, but what did I get: A smallish, dry bun with a dry beef steak inbetween and a few slices of tomato, onion and lettuce on the side of the plate… the only good thing on my plate was the fries. I’m glad it wasn’t as expensive as I had imagined, but if I ever go back there, I will be sure to choose another dish!

• Hard Rock Cafe: Wildberry Smoothie mmmm

by maggietravel Written Nov 12, 2007

My partner dragged me to the Hard Rock in Amsterdam- I didn't want to eat american while I was travelling. We had a really good time though and it was better than I had thought. The waiter was super-friendly and fun, gave us lots of good tips for things to do in Amsterdam and generally made us feel welcome. The food at Hard Rock is also very tasty- I had their onion rings and veggie burger- the easiest vegetarian meal I found in Amsterdam (surprising at a restaurant known for it's burgers!). I had a wildberry smoothie cocktail that was just delicious. The cafe itself is also really nice- they are located on a canal with views over the water and if it's warm enough, a sunny terrace to sit on. We stopped in after a day of shopping and museum sight-seeing as it's right by the square with all the museums. I'd definitely go there again if we go back to Amsterdam. I've got the t-shirt now though, to prove I've been!

Favorite Dish: Onion Rings, veggie burger. The nachos and potato skins without bacon bits. A decent choice of vegetarian food.

• heryanta's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: If you miss good burgers....

by heryanta Updated Jun 29, 2007

Sometimes I just wanted a burger...and the Dutch don't know how to make a proper one.

Hard Rock Cafe Amsterdam is located on Max Euweplein, which is adjacent to Leidseplein, the main area with the biggest concentration of bars in the city.
    Of course it is full of tourists and American expats; which might not be something you are looking for when vacationing, but the food is good, the service is excellent and they have proven themselves to be consistent about the quality for years.

Favorite Dish: I come here for the big, cheesy hamburger; prepared in the proper American way :)

• El_Cookie's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Happy Hour

by El_Cookie Updated Jun 13, 2005

Hard Rock Cafe

We decided to stop by after our Hienekin Experience. Unbeknownst to us it was HAPPY HOUR!

Favorite Dish: The service was great the food was good and our Puerto Rican waitres was very cool. If you go during happy hour you get a less expensive than average deal.

• Juliet67's Profile Photo

HARD ROCK CAFE: HARD ROCK CAFE

by Juliet67 Written Sep 2, 2002

This lively Capital of the Netherlands is one of the world's best hangouts—luring partygoers and general non-conformists alike. Tree-lined canals, parks scattered about, and bicycle fleets all contribute to the wandering mood of this city, where you can submerge yourself in art, history, 17th and 18th century architecture, a fresh mug of beer, a 'cigarette' you rolled yourself or better yet: the fine dining and a museum’s worth of rock memorabilia at the Hard Rock Amsterdam. Located near Leidseplein along Max Euweplein, the restaurant is split into three levels to offer you the best gaze upon our waterways, offering a welcoming atmosphere for visitors and locals alike. Live music courtesy of the Paradiso is sure to get those wooden dancing shoes tapping, so hoof it on down to the Hard Rock Cafe in Amsterdam for such a great time, you'll be surprised it's legal.

• conny_bazen's Profile Photo

Favourite Restaurant in...

by conny_bazen Written Sep 2, 2002

Favourite Restaurant in Amsterdam ????????
    I really can not make a choice because you have to much choices. It's nice to find some places out of the citycentre. Most of the time it's good food for good prices.........
    If you want to make a choice before you go, there is a very good site (in English) to visit: click here

• Hard Rock Cafe: Give it a Miss

by Lightair Written Mar 6, 2009

This Hard Rock, situated on an ugly square is the worst place I have been to in Amsterdam. The prices are too high, the food mediocre and there were about a thousand mice running around when we were there. DON'T GO!!

• Hard Rock Cafe: Big Nachos Big Burgers!!!!!!!!!

by Daniel290977 Written Nov 28, 2007

After a long night enjoying amsterdams local beer i woke up with a hunger that i could not controll! So to my delight i found the hard rock cafe here, Its natcho time. On entering the restaurant I was greated with a smile and taken to my table, All the usual hard rock parts were in place, guitars on the walls superb music playing/with vids and just a feeling of hapieness. Natchos arived and I tucked in, the portion was huge but i could not stop eating (the hunger was in controll now). I went for the 10oz legondry burger for main, Angus meat lots of cheese and a crunchy home made onion ring on top WOW!! cooked medium and i have to say probably one of the best burgers i have had for a long time (would love to know what they season the meat with cos it works!). Time for desert? sorry readers but the hunger was drowning in the canal at this point but the table next to me was eating a brownie and it looked damn fine! When i was presented my bill my server explained to me that Hard rock was involved with a charity called global angels and sold me a wrist band for 1€ and seemingly that would feed a child for 3 days, Good to see the big companys walking the walk instead of talking the talk. So been there done that and bought the t-shirt!!!!!

• donn85's Profile Photo

North-, Middle- & South American Restaurants: HARD ROCK CAFE

by donn85 Written Jan 16, 2007

I THOUGHT THE HARD ROCK CAFE WAS THE BEST PLACE TO EAT IN AMSTERDAM THEY HAD GOOD FOOD AND OUR WAITER WAS AMERICAN HE WAS REAL COOL THE BEST PART WAS THERE WAS FREE REFILLS ON SODAS THERE ALL THE OTHER RESTAURANTS CHARGED YOU LIKE 2 EURO FOR A REFILL AND

• l-e-z-ah's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Great food, cool staff, n friendly atmosphere

by l-e-z-ah Written Mar 17, 2005

The food is delicious n of good quality... d staff ROCKS!!!! not only are they friendly, but they also entertains you.... they're chatty n takes care of ur every need.... making you feel right at home.... it also has a nice view to the canal...... the only thing is that the restaurant is not so big, so if you come during busy hours in the weekends, you will surely be in the waiting list........

Favorite Dish: Without doubt: d brownie!!!!!!!!! it's to die for n i'm not exaggerating.........

• l-e-z-ah's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: To die for Brownies

by l-e-z-ah Written Jul 28, 2004

d ambience is really cool, the music r nice (they play not only d top40)... d waiters n waitresses r really friendly n talkative..... plus great food......... what more can u ask??? not many locals though....

Favorite Dish: d Brownies, of course.... d chocolate taste is sooooooooooooooooooo good, n they put ice cream on top of it.... it's like having ur cake n eating it too... well, IT IS having a cake n eating it too

Instant Answers: Amsterdam

Comments

Hotels Near Hard Rock Café
4.0 out of 5 stars