Heineken Hoek, Amsterdam

3.5 out of 5 stars 4 Reviews

Kleine-Gartmanplantsoen 1/3 - 1017 RP Amsterdam +31-20-6277744

• Grand Cafe Heineken Hoek: My hot chocolate
    Grand Cafe Heineken Hoek: My hot...
    Inside Grand Cafe Heineken Hoek
    Grand Cafe Heineken Hoek
    by HORSCHECK
  • Heineken Hoek Restaurant, Amsterdom: Not a good experience!

by Dg40 Written May 3, 2013

This is a restaurant that seems to attract tourists in Amsterdam as it is located near a busy pedestrian intersection very close to the Vonderpark area. It is fairly large and has a broad frontage to the sidewalk, making it a place to relax and people watch. The food is a mix of steakhouse (not upscale, but tourist type) and burgers, etc.

Favorite Dish: Tis review is definitely not complimentary of the food. I had a burger and beer, since I was not especially hungry. The burger came with a fried egg, which is the first time I've seen this presentation, and I removed it from the burger. It tasted OK, really to bad. However, I awoke in the middle of the night with a BAD case of food poisoning. I have no way of knowing whether anyone else who ate there that evening had a similar experience, but it will be a long time before I can face a hamburger again. My advice.....don't go there to eat, and if you do, don't order a hamburger!

• School Holidays

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Grand Cafe Heineken Hoek

by HORSCHECK Written Dec 1, 2012

Grand Cafe Heineken Hoek: My hot chocolate

After check-in at our hotel, we wanted to take a short break in a cafe before we started our explorations of the city.

One of the first places which looked suitable for us was the Grand Cafe Heineken Hoek, mainly due to its location near the busy Leidseplein square. They have many outdoor tables, a winter garden and a large indoor pub area. We took a seat at the window of the wintergarden, which was perfect for people watching.

The pub area is decorated with countless old and new Heineken enamel signs. The toilet has probably seen better times.

The menu offers all sorts of snacks like cakes, sandwiches or salads, as well as a large variety of hot and cold drinks. I only ordered an hot choclate with cream (3,50 Euro).

• Trains

• dustmon's Profile Photo

Heineken Hoek: Great view of Leidseplein

by dustmon Updated Sep 15, 2010

Heinekin Hoek restaurant

A wonderful place to sit and have a beer or coffee, and watch the craziness around the Leidseplein Square. Outdoor seating is great in warm weather---they have good salads and sandwiches as well as a full menu.

Favorite Dish: Salad Nicoise and a Heineken!

• Bix10's Profile Photo

Heineken Hoek: Cozy Cafe In Leidseplein

by Bix10 Written Oct 19, 2007

This is a nice cozy cafe in this part of Amsterdam. You have all kinds of commotion out there in Leidseplein and you're still able to find a peaceful atmosphere here in the cafe. They also have a bar in the center which accomodates both a pub and a cafe.

It caters to all types of patronage - families, friends get together, couples enjoying a cup of chocolate, locals, tourists and those who wants to enjoy a pint of beer.

Big glass for you to view the life outside. It's nice for both during winter and summer.

Instant Answers: Amsterdam

Comments

Hotels Near Heineken Hoek
4.5 out of 5 stars