Joselito, Amsterdam

4.5 out of 5 stars 3 Reviews

Nieuwendijk 2 - 1012 MK Amsterdam +31-20-6227678

Freshly-cooked bread
    by leics
    Lamb stew and patatas bravas
    Joselito's
  • leics's Profile Photo

Joselito's: Suited me perfectly.....

by leics Updated Apr 6, 2013

Joselito's

I usually eat local when I'm visiting somewhere. But Joselito's was a few steps from my hotel, warm and welcoming with pleasant staff and a good menu of tapas (ideal for small people like me).

So I ended up eating there twice on my first visit to Amsterdam, and again on my second.

The first time I had lamb stew and patatas bravas, the second time roasted vegetables and garlic lamb, and on my second visit I went with the lamb stew and patatas bravas again (very good meal whe it's freezing cold outside!).

All were lovely and very reasonably-priced indeed.

Freshly-made bread (half a loaf, and mine was still warm from the oven on one occasion) and aioli are provided to keep you going whilst you wait for your tapas.

I drank draught Amstel but they also serve a variety of other beers, wines, coffees and other drinks.

It is a very popular place (always a good sign), always busy with Amsterdammers as well as visitors, with friendly service

Recommended.

• Singles
    • Seniors

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Joselito: Tapas Tonight

by johngayton Written Jul 10, 2006

Feast!

On this visit I had planned to eat at my usual haunt The Red Lion but not having eaten since a sandwich at Bristol Airport just before my 12.10 boarding I was a little peckish it now being about 6 pm. Stopping off for a quick beer here at Joselito I happened to glance through the menu and was impressed by the range of tapas on offer. Initially I thought about just having a nibble but my mouth drooled as I read the options and so went the whole hog.

This was excellent, sitting outside in the late June sunshine watching the pretty girls go by on their bicycles (a pleasure, as always ;)) and enjoying too the quiet buzz of the busy terrace. My selections duly arrived with a friendly efficiency and a couple of beers washed down the veritable feast set before me over the course of a very pleasant long hour. Heaven!!

Favorite Dish: Starting with the olives - a veritable mountain of succulent green and black and the crispy freshly baked bread with its accompanying aioli. Then the arrival of the chorizo and the patatas bravas and I am now back in Spain, with the evening sun seeming to agree as it warmed gently through the canopy of the sunshade.

Of course, this being Amsterdam, my alfresco meal is undisturbed by the usual roaring of the infernal combusting engines normally associated with city centre dining. The fragrant oil released by the chorizo provides an alternative dip for the bread and the patatas get an odd coating of the aioli as well as a mashing in the chorizo oil. This is casual dining at its best, and a break at half-time for a cigarette and to order another beer makes for a perfect chill-out early dinner - flawless bliss:)

Total bill, including 2 large beers, was a shade over 22 Euros - double bliss!!!

• Adventure Travel
    • Beer Tasting

• Maidstoneman's Profile Photo

Joselito: Fantastic Tapas

by Maidstoneman Updated Dec 30, 2005

Small Spanish restaurant, five minutes walk from the Central Station.
    There is a song bird in a cage hanging over the tables which creates a lovely atmosphere and the interior is hung with vines. Local spanish residents use the restaurant as a meeting place which shows it is good.

Favorite Dish: There are lots of tapas to choose from ranging in price from about 3 euro to 8 euro.
    Our meal for two with a bottle of red wine cost 50 euros and we had too much food!

Instant Answers: Amsterdam

Comments

Hotels Near Joselito
3.5 out of 5 stars