Le Pot Au Feu, Amsterdam

by sushart
  • adambeau's Profile Photo

Bistro Le Pot Au Feu: People Watch and Great Dining

by adambeau Updated Oct 13, 2002

Pleasant interior seating in a warm family-style restaurant with large menu selection that's sure to please any tastebud. It's right near Centraal Station on Damrak so the site is an ideal people watching hotspot. Prices are reasonable, service is fantastic, and if you enjoy great food, don't miss this place.

Favorite Dish: I chose the Mixed Grill for an early dinner. Good variety, paired it with a rode wijn, flesje water, and then ended with a mokka. All that for under 20 euro.

• syllybabe's Profile Photo

A cafe/bar called 'le pot au...

by syllybabe Written Aug 26, 2002

A cafe/bar called 'le pot au feu'
    Very close to the train station. The picture I have on the main Amsterdam page was taken outside the restaurant. I loved sitting at the bar and watching the people go by and it was right in front of the canal where they have the boat tours.

Favorite Dish: My friend wanted me to try a common Dutch appetizer called bitterballen. It was a fried ball that had some meat and I'm not sure...potatoes?...but it was good. And I had a beer at 2pm...that's not so strange, is it?

• WinterRoamer's Profile Photo

Le Pot au Feu: Irish and English Breakfasts! The Best! Cheap!

by WinterRoamer Written Aug 13, 2005

The best breakfast in the WORLD. I preffered to sit at the bar and smell the aroma of their awesome coffee, but they also have tables. The place has the definite cozy theme of an English Restaurant. It is one of the first restaurants on your way to the Dam Square from Centraal Station (about a 2 minute walk).

Favorite Dish: The English Breakfast... I can taste it now. Eggs served the way you want them, served with bacon, beans, and english muffins (3.50 Euros). The Irish breakfast is good but I don't like sausage. Either way, order a coffee. It is the best I've ever tasted. I ate there one morning and got hooked. I ate there every morning for the rest of my trip.

• Trains

• sushart's Profile Photo

Cafe's/Grand Cafe's/Bars/Pubs/Bruine Cafe's: Le Pot Au Fue

by sushart Written Aug 16, 2004

Le Pot Au Fue is on the Damrak street. It's a small cafe/pub. What's so nice about this place is small, cozy, with good music, and it also has internet connection.

Instant Answers: Amsterdam