Los Pilones, Amsterdam

by El_Cookie
  • tenshiemi's Profile Photo

Los Pilones: Really good Mexican

by tenshiemi Written Apr 15, 2007

The last thing I expected was to find good Mexican food in Amsterdam. I tried this place based on a review in the Boom! guide that claimed the food was actually authentic. The place was packed and the only seats available were at the bar. I ordered enchiladas rojas and the boyfriend had tacos bisteck con queso. The food was very fresh tasting and the flavors were unexpected which is so rare when eating out Mexican. My favorite part was the black beans which were good enough to stand alone but were also excellent mixed with a little enchilada sauce and used as a dip. The place also has an impressive selection of tequila if that's your thing.

Open 4pm-midnight Tue-Thur, Sun; 4pm-1am Fri, Sat.

Favorite Dish: The beans! They were so good I could make a meal out of a big bowl of them.

• flyawaynothome's Profile Photo

Los Pilones: Excellent food and atmosphere

by flyawaynothome Written Oct 1, 2005

I have been to Los Pilones many times, but they already recognised me after my second or third visit. The atmosphere is the warmest and friendliest in Amsterdam. The place is owned by 3 brothers and they serve up the best Mexican food I've ever had. Prices are reasonable, not cheapo but not expensive.

Favorite Dish: I would recommend the 'Enchiladas Verdes' and any one of their margeritas.

• Study Abroad

• El_Cookie's Profile Photo

Los Pilones: Try the enchiladas

by El_Cookie Written Jun 13, 2005

Los Pilones

Tiny hole in the wall place. We got in there without reservations, so we kind of had to hurry up since all tables were reserved. I was surprised, the food was pretty good. I guess its pretty much the most authentic Mexican food you can find in Amsterdam. We ended up ther after meeting some dude at the Hard Rock that claimed he a had a Mexican girlfirend that worked there. He claimed the food was good and after being in Europe for 8 days we needed a good meal. It was great.

Favorite Dish: I had the Enchiladas in Mole sauce. The mole was a little runny but it had pretty good flavor.

Instant Answers: Amsterdam

Comments

Hotels Near Los Pilones
3.5 out of 5 stars