Places to eat in Amsterdam

Most Viewed Restaurants in Amsterdam

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

The Lunch ..Volendam: In a fishing village near Amsterdam

by wise23girl Written Jul 9, 2012

We were on a day trip out of Amsterdam and Volendam was the lunch stop. Our guide suggested we might like to eat in 'The Lunch"....prices are reasonable...they are quick to serve you...and the food is good...and she was correct.

We chose some traditional food including roasted eel...not bad...and some first class shrimps...one dish cold and one dish hot to share.

We were lucky the guide was at our table and helped us choose.

The restaurant is so popular the fish is as fresh as can be.

Apple pie to finish this delightfull ...yet 'different ' meal

• jo104's Profile Photo

Soup Kitchen: Soup & sandwich

by jo104 Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is anew concept in amsterdam, the soups are all homemade & delicious
    Actually there are a number of places just doing homemade soup but this franchise will do the whole caboodle.

The sandwiches are huge so don't be fooled when ordering
    I ordered the special for Eur 6.50 which turned out to be a spinach soup with red pesto stirred in, including 3 slices of homemade bread + a huge brown bread beef sandwich - more like half a loaf.

Favorite Dish: Soup

• davequ's Profile Photo

Wilma & Albert's: Killer Steakhouse in Haarlem

by davequ Updated Apr 7, 2008

IN HAARLEM

Not in Amsterdam, but just a quick 15-min trainride to Haarlem, (or about 15 miles by bicycle) - it's worth the trip.

Wilma & Albert's has some of the best steaks in Nederlands.

Then you can walk around Haarlem and take a quick train back, or continue on west to the beach at Zandvoort.

Favorite Dish: Steak steak, meat with meat sauce.
    Opening hours: 12.00 to 24.00 hours daily

Wilma's T-Bones are lekker
    • Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• jenniferchin's Profile Photo

Caffeine fix

by jenniferchin Written Nov 16, 2004

We were waiting for the Rijks museum to open as we were either early or have not had our caffeine shots for the morning. There was a cafe opposite (actually between the Rijks and Van Gogh museums) that looked very tantalising to us then.

And it was so relaxing sitting there. There was a little park-like place with fountains in symmetry.

Favorite Dish: Coffee

A view from where we were

• jo104's Profile Photo

Various: Try an Uitsmijiter

by jo104 Written Sep 1, 2006

This is a traditional Dutch dish, we had this for breakfast & I was so hungry, my hands were shaking thus the reason for the hazy photo.
    It is ham, fried egg (mirror egg) & bits of cheese melted in all done in the pan served on bread. What the dutch call bacon in the shops is so thin its not worth it so instead buy some lovely ham.

• Bastardino's Profile Photo

Breakfast: Great Breakfast Place

by Bastardino Written Aug 5, 2004

Amsterdam is not a city known for food, however, right outside of Leidseplein square next to Marriott Hotel there is a little round waffle place that is an ideal pick for brekfast. They are open from 8 to 2pm I believe and the menu does not have much to choose from aside from pancakes and waffles but this is a perfect meal to cure a hangover of any sort. Highly recommended.

• ingridf_nl's Profile Photo

Martini: Mmmmm...

by ingridf_nl Written Jul 10, 2003

This small restaurant (seat about 30 people in total) has a friendly neighborhood feel. And the food is delicious. Wonderful pizzas, and their daily specials are also usually very good. It is not uncommon to see the locals having a leasurely dinner while their kids run around outside, running in to have a sip of water, or to cuddle with their parents.

Very nice restaurant to "spend the evening" in. Have an appetizer, some wine, a nice meal, some more wine, and a yummy dessert.

Favorite Dish: This restaurant has an appetizer called "leaning tower of pisa" that is to die for. Grilled veg with delicious goats cheese and a balsamic vinagrette. Mmmmm. Also, they have a very nice Tuna Salad. If you can get the pesto on the side with anything as an add-on... it is very very good.

• manuelEB's Profile Photo

Macchu Pichu cafe: Space Cake

by manuelEB Updated Jun 18, 2003

Macchu Pichu cafe - Amstel 36 in A'dam. Open 11am-11pm daily. Inca themed "coffeeshop." You can sample Hemp burgers and Space Cake. Full English breakfast served in the summer.

Favorite Dish: When I was a kid (like those here playing games: "My pa is bigger than your pa'), I dreamed with working for NASA. Materials Science was a good choice in that path but I sticket ot Earth. anyways, Space Cake is a good choice in this place.

• Casino and Gambling

• peijtertjes's Profile Photo

La Ciboulette Restaurant: **This is what you need sometimes

by peijtertjes Updated Jul 10, 2003

If you want to taste food which is prepared with love....eat here.

These people who run this restaurant for 10 years love the products they work with and that is what you taste.

Really cullinary, not for a simple menu but to eat for example their 5 course menu. hmm

Favorite Dish: Every day there is a 5 course menu and that is made of the best products of the day.

you can watch there website for some examples of delicious dishes.

La Ciboulette

• ingridf_nl's Profile Photo

Puyck: Lekker!

by ingridf_nl Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is such a wonderful restaurant. The service is friendly and courteous, and the food!!! Oh My. The food.

Perfect and delectible flavours, aromas, and combinations... Each bite more satisfying than the last.... And the atmosphere is both intimate and very social.

This is my favorite restaurant.

Favorite Dish: The most amazing thing were crispy wontons with goats cheese, served with a small crispy salad with a balsamic vinigrette. The combination of the flavors was increadible.

both cosy and classy

• PamelaJ1956's Profile Photo

Hotel Restaurant DE LUTINE in Volendam: Where's The Beef? I'm about to tell you......

by PamelaJ1956 Updated Apr 4, 2011

The food at the Hotel Restaurant De Lutine is phenominal to say the least. Huge portions and just plain TASTEY! The ambiance is lovely, with much warmth. There is a spectacular view of the boats in the harbor from the front windows of the restaurant. The color scheme is made up of rich browns and earth tones. Antiques, rich wood finishes and very comfortable furniture make you feel right at home. Anyone with big hips would be quite happy at De Lutine's. Excellent, friendly service. Everyone who worked at the restaurant seemed happy to be working there. That said a lot to me.

Favorite Dish: The Spare Rib dinner. Some of the best Spare Ribs I've ever tasted. I'm from Chicago (home of the great meat packers and stockyards), therefore I know great beef. There were so many home cooked side dishes 'til I didn't know where to begin. The ribs were mouth watering, meaty and tender. I savored every bite. I had an outstanding ice cream dessert, which I believe was called, Dame Blanche. Don't say whipped cream to them. :) We could barely walk when my friend and I left the restaurant.

Sea Harbor by Hotel Restaurant De Lutine
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Singles

• tweetycaro's Profile Photo

ISOLA BELLA: don't eat here !!!!!

by tweetycaro Updated Apr 4, 2011

We were really hungry and the art-deco style of the façade of the Isola Bella took our attention. Bad decision, service sucked, it was like they didn't like their jobs, and way to expesive for what you get. I'm sure there are better italian places in amsterdam

Favorite Dish: we had parmigiane melanzana (10,5€), tagliatelli cicalla (14,5€) and pizza Isola bella (12,5€), we were still hungry when we left that place.

• crazygal59's Profile Photo

Indonesian Restaurants / Rijsttafel: A real taste sensation.

by crazygal59 Written Nov 16, 2003

This is a really fun experience. In Holland this food is referred to as Chinese, but it is not what we think of as Chinese. The Indonesian Rijsttafel, a series of dozens of small dishes of different foods to sample and enjoy. Everything from seafood to chicken and pork dishes all on the table at once.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish from this culture would have to be the Nasi. It consists of rice, chicken or pork and assorted spices,served with a fried egg on top and sweet pickles. Sounds odd.....but don't knock it til you try it.

• Vishandel Theo Schilder and ZN: Best Seafood

by jonbarb709 Written Jun 16, 2007

Indoor and Outside seating. You picked your fresh fish and they cooked it right there and brought it to your table. It was great. We ate outside, had a small bottle of wine and enjoyed the great weather (June) the great food and people watched. This was one of the highlights of our trip. The staff was very helpful.

Favorite Dish: We ordered french fries, and had some of the fresh fish fried. It was delicious. The selection was excellent.

• SandiMandi's Profile Photo

DUBBEL eten&drinken: Reasonably priced restaurant near Leidseplein

by SandiMandi Written Apr 20, 2012

My first impression of Dubbel Restaurant was not very good. It looked quite cramped with tables very close to each other and the place was packed. We had reserved a table, but there was no reservation sign on the table, and so I guess they just showed us the first available table near the front door. The service however was friendly and most of the staff spoke English fluently.

They had a plentiful menu with lots of choices for starters and main courses. The prices were very reasonable, main courses about 13-20 EUR, from hamburgers to beef tenderloin. In my opinion the food was good, I had Salmon fillet with white wine sauce, salad and fries. But my fiancé did not like his Dutch beefsteak which was too rare to his taste (though he had ordered it well done). We didn’t have dessert, but they looked very good!

Amsterdam Hotels

Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 5 Reviews
Freeland
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Instant Answers: Amsterdam

Comments

Amsterdam Restaurants

pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
Amsterdam has more than 2000 restaurants. About any kitchen you can imagine is represented. Have a look at the tips our members wrote. Look beyond the most popular, because there are so many hidden...
Map of Amsterdam