Manneken Pis, Amsterdam

by pieter_jan_v
    Manneken Pis - Fries - Amsterdam
    by pieter_jan_v
  • From here walk straight ahead, it's ~ 1 min. walk
    From here walk straight ahead, it's ~ 1...
    by Nor_Cal_Brad
  • davequ's Profile Photo

Manneken Pis / Vlames Frites: The Secret is in the Sauce

by davequ Updated Apr 7, 2008

.... and nothing satisfies the late-night A'Dam munchies craving better than Belgian-style Vlames Frites. Why are they so good? Hope their logo isn't the reason.

Favorite Dish: Fries of course.

and you have to have them buried in mayonaise.

Lekker!

• Nor_Cal_Brad's Profile Photo

Verse Vlaamse Frites: Try a Cone of Frites (French Fries / Chips)

by Nor_Cal_Brad Updated Nov 5, 2006

If you are hungry right when you exit Amsterdam Centraal Station, just a short walk down the Damrak will take you to Verse Vlaamse Frites. This is a popular spot to get fries, though there are many different fries places around Amsterdam. This is a take-out only type restaurant; you just order at the window and then you can stand out front and eat, or eat while you walk. The fries are served in a cone, with a little fork to eat them with and a pool of sauce in the middle. You can choose from many different types of sauce - there are probably 20 different kinds to choose from. I believe it was about € 2 for a small cone.

Favorite Dish: Obviously I had the fries (I think that's all they sell). My personal favorites were the green pepper sauce and the cheddar cheese sauce. I think the green pepper sauce was my favorite. It was like there was jalepeno peppers ground up and mixed with mayo or ranch or something. Whatever it was, it was a bit spicy and very tasty. My second favorite sauce was the cheddar cheese sauce. This was similar to the orange liquid cheese that they serve on nachos at baseball games; also a very good choice. I tried mustard with the first cone of frites I ordered, and it was decent. I tried mayo (frites sauce) when my friend ordered some, and then I discovered the cheddar cheese sauce. I had the cheddar cheese sauce again the next time because I liked it so much. The fourth time I ordered fries I was feeling adventurous, so I tried the green pepper sauce and decided that this was the best sauce yet.

From here walk straight ahead, it's ~ 1 min. walk

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Manneken Pis: Belgian Fries

by pieter_jan_v Written Jan 24, 2012

Manneken Pis is a fast food shop specialised in fries.
    You cannot miss it at its prominent Damrak location when you walk from the Central Station to the Dam square.

Favorite Dish: Fries