Nam Kee, Amsterdam

by pieter_jan_v
  • l-e-z-ah's Profile Photo

Nam Kee: Delicious Chinese food at reasonable prices

by l-e-z-ah Written Jul 27, 2004

The restaurant is rather small, but the food makes up for it..... d service is really fast, which is really cool when we're hungry.... at first glance, the waiters and waitresses look grumpy, but once u get 2 know them, they're quite ok....

The food is excellent and the prices is ok, compared to other Chinese restaurants

Favorite Dish: wow, so much to choose from..........
    well, first is the filled trout. the bones are removed from the fish and in place, they put a kind of meat. then they fry it and put a delicious sauce over it. LEKKER!!!!!!!!!!

then, they also have the mixed meat, which is pork meat (with very crispy skin), cha siu (don't know how to write it), and Peking duck put together with the tasty sauce

don't forget to try the siu kau soup. it is a kind of shrimp dumpling..... the shrimp is really crunchy and the soup is d best i've ever tasted... u should also try the oysters, which is quite famous

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Nam Kee: Pretty good Chinese food

by malianrob Written Nov 25, 2008

I wasnt planning on eatting Chinese food in Amsterdam but we were walking around, got alittle lost, found ourselves in China Town, and food ourselves hungry. We were in the Buddist Templeand we asked the guy there where he recommended to eat around here. Rob loves Chinese food so he was more openned to the idea than I was. I was already feeling alittle dissappointed with the food in Amsterdam so I didnt really care where we ate. The waiters here really didnt speak much english and it was alittle hard to communicate and ask about the food.
    The place is not fancy at all but it is clean.

Favorite Dish: We had the Char Su,(roasted pork), Broccoli beef, fried rice and steamed rice. I have to say that the Char Su was the best I have tasted. It is made just right with alot of flavor and not dry at all. It was pretty juicey and very tastey!

• heryanta's Profile Photo

Nam Kee: Noodle soup with dumplings :)

by heryanta Written Jul 31, 2007

Probably the most famous Chinese restaurant in Amsterdam (due to the book & movie "Oysters of Nam Kee) it is also one of the best.

Located at Chinatown Nam Kee offers authentic Chinese food - similar to the ones I used to have in Asia. Bit greasy, spicy, just perfect :)

Nothing good about the restaurant building itself ... minimal decor, cheap table and chairs ... people come here for the food not for the surrounding I suppose.

It gets very busy during lunch and dinner hours so be prepared to be 'asked' to share your table.

• Nam Kee: A legend!

by sabsi Updated Feb 14, 2003

Nam Kee as seen from the temple

This is maybe the most popular Chinese restaurant in Amsterdam. Always busy, and that's even though the staff is not really friendly.....

Favorite Dish: The Sweet and Sour Chicken was nice... I've heard that the seafood dishes (oysters or lobster) are excellent but as I don't like fish I haven't tried them...

The guy next to me had a whole lobster. I was very scared that the whole thing would end up on my lap quite a few times!

• Luis_Alberto's Profile Photo

I have been in a few...

by Luis_Alberto Written Aug 24, 2002

I have been in a few restaurants in Amsterdam, but I do want to recommend an small Chinese restaurant called NAM KEE.
    This is really a whole in the wall, type of establishment, but when I went there, people were waiting to sit and the place was full.

Favorite Dish: I do not quite remembered what I had, but whatever it was, it was delicious.

• dila's Profile Photo

nam kee: nam kee

by dila Updated Aug 16, 2010

chinese restaurant

the price and the food are good but it can be crowded.
    usually i ask chinese tea with my food
    but dont know if that is still for free

Favorite Dish: wan tan soup
    foe yong hai(eggs)

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Nam Kee: Since 1981

by pieter_jan_v Written Sep 12, 2008
    Nam Kee at Zeedijk 111

Nam Kee is a collection of small real Chinese restaurants close to each other at Amstrdam''s Little China neighbourhood.

Instant Answers: Amsterdam

Comments

Hotels Near Nam Kee