The Papeneiland Café is a family café run by Tiel Netel.
The location has a history that goes back several centuries. In 1641 The construction was started by boxmaker Egbert Gerritz Daelder. In 1896 the groundfloor was rented by J.C. Witmond who atarted café "de Blauwe Druif" (The Blue Grape). The next manager of the café was Abele van Eijck, who in 1912 bought 1912 the building. Later the Amstel Beer brewery took over the Café and it was rented by a widow, Paulides-Cuypers. After World War II the building were being reconstructed and in 1965 M.M. Oud became the manager. In the 1970-ies the Netel-Hegerad couple took over.