Pata Negra, Amsterdam

Utrechtsestraat 124 - 1017 VT Amsterdam +31-20-4226250

• "I must have more vino!"
    Check out the Graffiti
  • "Bring on the Gambas!
  • garridogal's Profile Photo

La Pata Negra: Tapas on the Rembrandplein

by garridogal Updated Feb 3, 2009

This place is pretty authentically Spanish with the hams hanging from the ceiling, the graffitti scratched onto the walls and the busy/crowded/noisy environment. The food was really good too although to be really authentically Spanish, some of it needed to be saltier.

Favorite Dish: We had tapas of all kinds. Chorizo, Gambas al Ajillo, Jamon Serrano, Queso Manchego, Pollo al Ajillo, Championes and..... I forget what else, all washed down with Sangria and red wine.

Ooh, and we also had dessert. I had a Crema Catalana which is basically (and here's good knowledge to have in case you ever go to Spain) Creme Brulee!

• rsilva's Profile Photo

Pata Negra: Spanish Chaos

by rsilva Written May 2, 2005

Pata Negra smoked ham

The first thing you notice when you arrive at this restaurant are the coloured walls full of carved message (of the "I was here" kind), the very loud music and the waiters that run around all the time.

It is a Spanish restaurant, run by Spaniards in what I guess is the authentic Spanish way - chaotic, but efficient. The place is called "Pata Negra" after a very famous kind of smoked ham, which is also served here.

This is mainly a tapas restaurant, so you should probably just go for two or three different kinds of tapas (snacks). I particularly enjoyed the chorizo sausage and the tortillas were also good. My Spanish friends tell me the quality of the food is similar to the one you can get back in Spain.

It is not cheap, you can expect to pay around 20 Eur per person and the loud music and hectic pace of the waiters might not be of everyone's taste, but it is a good way to get a taste of Spain in Amstedam

Favorite Dish: - Chorizo sausage
    - Tortilla
    - Pata negra
    - Cheese platter

• ramondg's Profile Photo

Pata Negra tapas: Pata Negra tapas

by ramondg Written Aug 26, 2002

Keep it simple, less is more. This is a really nice place to grab a bite. It has a nice atmosphere because it's has a really authenthic interior. The food is good. Alltough I really dislike the owner, he's very rude, I still keep comming here and I know I'am not the only one.

Favorite Dish: calamares and patatas bravas!

• inger.'s Profile Photo

Pata Negra, spanish tapas...

by inger. Written Aug 24, 2002

Pata Negra, spanish tapas restaurant.
    Its a very crowded restaurant, when you want to be sure of a table you will have to make a reservation. or you can walk in and wait for about 20 minutes, the only problem then is that sometimes you will only get about 45 minutes to eat, cause the table is reserved at a certain time...

Favorite Dish: my favorite must be the dates wrapped in bacon...

Instant Answers: Amsterdam

Comments

Hotels Near Pata Negra
3.0 out of 5 stars