Poco Loco, Amsterdam

Nieuwmarkt 24 - 1012 CR Amsterdam +31-20-6242937

Sidewalk dining
    by vtnyc
    the people make the scene here
    by vtnyc
  • Poco Loco: Tapas food

by pricey11 Written Apr 24, 2008

Went to Poco Loco for my 30th Birthday in April. Definitley a miss when a group of 8 of us turned up.

We should of known after an hour of sitting waiting and noticing that no one else in restaurant was eating it was a sure sign we were not onto a winner with this place.

Service very poor. Waitress totally forgot that we had ordered. When food finally arrived after 2 hours we were not given what we had ordered. We all had a distinct feel that they were rtrying to rip us off.

After informing the staff we were not prepared to pay full price for shoddy service we were warned that the Police would be called. Frankly this place is a SHAM!

Thankfully my friends made sure my night was not ruined, no thanks to Poco Loco. A defo NO NO!. We would of been better off with a take away chips and mayonaise !! BEWARE!!!

Favorite Dish: didnt get any food

• vtnyc's Profile Photo

POCO LOCO: HIT or MISS

by vtnyc Written Aug 27, 2006

Sidewalk dining

eten and drinken at POCO LOCO as their business card says.

The ambiance looked good enough at this cafe to stop in. The sidewalk cafe seats were what you would expect for a very casual cafe. The prices on the menu were equally casual: lunch sandwiches costing no more than 4 euros and some tapas snacks (olives) were 2.50 euros.

As far as the food goes, I think this establishment is HIT-OR-MISS--I've heard good reviews and bad reviews. On the day that I went, the experience was good. The sandwich I had with mozzarella was good as were the olives. For 6.5 euros and simple, yet good food, who was I to complain?

Favorite Dish: Most of the people near me were speaking Dutch according to my local friend who speaks Dutch fluently. So it was interesting to try and understand what they were saying.

Instant Answers: Amsterdam

Comments

Hotels Near Poco Loco
4.0 out of 5 stars