Sarang Mas, Amsterdam

Rokin 84 - 1012 KX Amsterdam +31-20-5289590

Rijsttaffel..... enjoy
    by davequ
  • meccostaud's Profile Photo

Sarang Mas: Awesome Indonesian Food!

by meccostaud Updated Apr 4, 2011

We wanted to try an authentic rijstaffel while in Amsterdam, and since this restaurant was so close to our hotel we decided to stop in and give it a try. I am so glad we did. A rijstaffel is a meal consisting of a large bowl of rice accompanied by many small dishes with different, very flavorful tidbits. We loved every single dish. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• davequ's Profile Photo

Sarang Mas: Another good little place to have a rijstaffel

by davequ Updated Apr 4, 2011

It should be obvious I love rijstaffels and never tire of them.

Since I don't have a picture of Sarang Mas, here instead is a good picture of a rijstaffel (Indonesian Rice Table).

Favorite Dish: Guess

At Sarang Mas it was again a combination meat & seafood rijstaffel with saffron rice.

Washed down with a Dutch beer. burp!

Rijsttaffel..... enjoy

• Callavetta's Profile Photo

Indonesian Restaurants / Rijsttafel: Sarang Mas

by Callavetta Written Aug 19, 2003

Rijsttafel, or Indonesian Rice table is one of the most popular dining experiences in Amsterdam. On my last solo trip I decided that I had to be brave and try it. Even though I was alone, my curiosity got the best of me. A wonderful waiter helped me through the menu and I chose what appeared to be pretty much a basic Rice Table menu. What appeared in front of me was SEVENTEEN little bowls of wonderful flavors! Most had just a few bites of some unique menu item. It was truly a taster's delight!

Instant Answers: Amsterdam