Sea Palace, Amsterdam

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Sea Palace: Chinese floating restaurant

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Mar 18, 2012

Sea Palace

Situated in the centre of Amsterdam, near the Central Station, this Chinese pagoda-style restaurant will grasp you by surprise. The unexpected harmony with the scenery of Amsterdam is remarkable.
    As for our culinary list: it will certainly bewitch you as much as her appearance. Sea Palace presents her guests an overview of the best that Chinese Cuisine can offer. Dim Sum, Beijing Duck, Cantonese and Sichuan dishes and... much more!
    opening hours: 12:00 to 23:00 (7 days a week)

• darkjedi's Profile Photo

Sea Palace: Chinese float

by darkjedi Updated Sep 5, 2009

Large Chinese floating restaurants are not an original idea and there are loads of them in many cities in Europe. This one we thought was great, we didn't book and went on a week night and were found a table straight away. There was a good choice of foods and the service was quick so no complains there. The internal decor is a flashy and over the top but I guess you'd expect that.

Favorite Dish: We had duck and rice & chicken and noodles, both arrived in good time and we discovered good portions and our drinks were refilled as quickly as we wanted them.

• Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo

Chinese Restaurants: A copy of Hong Kong floating Jumbo

by Pavlik_NL Written Dec 20, 2003

A floating Chines palace where one can have dinner

Now, Chines food is very popular in The Netherlands and the Chinese are the oldest immigrated non-European minority group within the country (yes, even older then the Indonesians that have also an enormous amount of restaurants here). In Amsterdam however a special place is reserved for the floating restaurant that is a copy of the Jumbo, located in Hong Kong harbour.

• alisonr's Profile Photo

Sea Palace: Floating Chinese restaurant

by alisonr Updated Nov 17, 2005

On our last night in Holland, I was hoping to eat something traditional - but nooooo- we got chinese!! And it wasn't very impressive. I've eaten far better at home in Oz.

Favorite Dish: Nothing it was weak don't go there

• SnoopySue's Profile Photo

Chinese Restaurants: Sea Palace

by SnoopySue Updated Feb 5, 2005

Sea Palace

Definitely one of the best Chinese restaurants I have ever seen. Excellent food, good service and outstanding view of Amsterdam. Be sure to make a reservation at least one day in advance. Otherwise be prepare to wait one hour at least.

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

This is the largest FLOATING...

by Krystynn Written Sep 12, 2002

This is the largest FLOATING restaurant here in Amsterdam - the Sea Palace Chinese Floating Restaurant. Why don't you come here for a nice Tim Sum lunch?? It's yummy....believe me. Although it's a very touristy thing to do but...who cares! I miss my Chinese food SOMETIMES....

• Sea Palace: Hold on to your wallet

by Jwoiv Updated Sep 14, 2006

The sea palace is near the central station floating on a barge. I went my first night with my wife to enjoy the harbor view. We had a bottle of wine (30 euros) soup two dishes, one of then lobster, desert and my bill came to 200 euros. The food is good but I was not very smart in ordering and have never payed that kind of sum for any meal in any restaurant, much less a chinese one. Be very careful and understand what you are getting and what it costs here!!!

Favorite Dish: Lobster was great but for 80 euros it should be

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

Sea Palace Floating Restaurant.

by keeweechic Updated Aug 11, 2006

This was a bit ironic when our tour group was taken there as I was living in Singapore at the time and would have loved some local cuisine. I spent most of the night educating the others on what they were eating and how to use chop sticks, but it was fun and the food was good.

Sea Palace Amsterdam, the first floating restaurant in Europe .

• Degsy's Profile Photo

My whole trip to Amsterdam...

by Degsy Written Aug 25, 2002

My whole trip to Amsterdam entailed eating, drinking, and site seeing. The city offers a vast array of restaurants from Jamaican to Thai.

If you don't fancy anything continental, you could always opt for a traditional Dutch meal.
    The atmosphere is great, the staff are very friendly and very reliable. They're not 'in your face' either and allow you to relax in a very busy environment.

I would like to recommend their Chinese White - very nice wine, definitely one for the Connoisseur!

Favorite Dish: The best restaurant visited had to be the Sea Palace. This floating chinese restauant is located by the train station. It offers an extensive Chinese & Indonesian menu and you must book to ensure you get in!

• Sea Palace: The floating Chinese restaurant

by sabsi Updated Apr 16, 2004

Sea Palace on the right

I still don't know whether I should put this here or to 'Tourist Traps'. I decided to put it here because the views & the location is really nice and it's a great place for a romantic dinner. It's just that the food is too expensive and you get much better chinese food if you go to the Chinatown part of Amsterdam.

Favorite Dish: I had a filled pineapple with chicken. Quite tasty. But to be honest I think the view is better than the food!

• SEA PALACE CHINESE AMSTERDAM: NOT IMPRESSED

by gsdaddict Written Mar 25, 2012

We ve just come back from a weekend in Amsterdam. Found this impressive looking restaurant, but were very disappointed.
    First there was a black hair, in my daughters bowl of soup, the water glasses were dirty, and the food?
    Well, we ordered a simple dinner, as it was so expensive! Chicken sweet and sour and rice.It was supposed to be balls of chicken in a sauce - but infact it was strips of chewy chicken pieces in a thick toffee like sauce.
    It wasnt very nice, and cost 88 euros.

Our local chinese in Scotland is so so much nicer.........plus we noticed other tables werent happy bunnies either!

Favorite Dish: none

• thecliff's Profile Photo

Sea Palace: Indonesian Rice Table (Ris Tafel)

by thecliff Updated Oct 29, 2004

The Sea Palace is very close to the central station so you should not have too much trouble walking there. It sits out in the water with lots of lights and looks very chinese. The Chinese food is great as it is in most of Amsterdam but I want to recommend the "Ris Tafel" or Indonesian Rice Table. Now you can go to alot of places for this but to be able to have this and some kicking Chinese mate! I have been coming here for years everytime I hit Adam and I like the view of the water (so get a table by the windows) and the atmosphere is cool with lots of space for your table or party.

Favorite Dish: The Indonesian Rice Table or "Ris Tafel"

It has been a few years so maybe the price has gone up, but a few years back it was alot of good food for the money and that is the point. If your buds are reelin from the buds you need some variety and there are tons of dishes with ris tafel and I love the chicken and pork on a stick satay (no kidding) and you get more variety than you can ever dream about. Totally awesome dude.

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Sea Palace: Exotic sea food, a floating restaurant

by pieter_jan_v Updated Mar 29, 2008

Sea Palace - Amsterdam

This is a floating 3 story Chinese restaurant.

According to MARTIST the setting is great.

Favorite Dish: There are dim/sum lunches till 5PM.

• vichatherly's Profile Photo

Sea Palace - Floating Chinese: Spectacular Chinese

by vichatherly Written Sep 3, 2008

Sea Palace Floating Restaurant

We went as a group of eight on a Friday night. The place is really huge but the tables are laid out in a comfortable and discreet way. The food was plentiful and not too expensive.

• hevbell's Profile Photo

Sea Palace: SEA PALACE

by hevbell Updated Feb 8, 2004

Sea Palace

This is a floating Chinese restaurant, a smaller copy of one in Hong Kong. We didn't actually eat here as its fairly expensive but it did come highly recommended.

Instant Answers: Amsterdam

Comments

Hotels Near Sea Palace
3.0 out of 5 stars