Been here? Rate It!
Spanjer and Van Twist: great local vibe
I ate here twice last week while staying in a houseboat around the corner---once inside and once out on the canalside patio. The first night they were having a big party coming in soon and offered me a small table near the bar, so I could watch all the partiers coming in---they all had green hearts drawn on one cheek----I ordered the special which was a big bowl of thai flavoured mussels and they were very fresh and lovely! A crisp roll and a beer rounded out the meal, and I took a piece of the homemade lemon pie back to the boat.....
The second meal was penne with creamy wild mushroom sauce, another daily special chock filled with chanterelles and other delish mushrooms in a think cream/herb sauce while enjoying the breeze coming down the canal next to my table. Definitely 2 thumbs up on this one-----
Favorite Dish: thai mussels
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Sun Lakes State Park Hotels
- Maroubra Hotels
- Amnicon Falls Hotels
- Parish of Saint Catherine Hotels