Witte Uyl, Amsterdam

• zuriga's Profile Photo

De Witte Uyl: Fantastic ambiance and food

by zuriga Updated Apr 19, 2008

De Witte Uyl

I'm sure we'll be returning to De Witte Uyl. The owner, Annemieke den Uijl, makes everyone feels at home and is there to be of assistance throughout the entire meal. The restaurant is roomy with large wooden tables, candles and there is a large wine list.The chef is very talented and it's another place I'd say is serving Modern Dutch Cuisine. Cleverly, the diners may choose two of the dishes and a dessert for a set price. There is a very large menu to choose from and we enjoyed everything ordered. The restaurant is on a quiet street not too far from the Museumplein area.

Favorite Dish: We enjoyed a wonderful veal dish and also a canneloni stuffed with minted peas. There was a delicious sausage roll. Check out the menu on the website.

• Business Travel

• markyg's Profile Photo

White Owl (Witte Uyl): Treat yourself to something original

by markyg Written Mar 15, 2006
    White Owl restaurant

This was the first time we had been to this restaurant and didn't know what to expect. I am still thinking about the food several days later. One of the best meals I have ever had and I pride myself on my dining experiences. The restaurant has a modern, but warm feel. Nice jazz music played in the background. They had a good by the glass wine menu as well as an extensive by the bottle list. The food was truly a gourmet creation. I particularly enjoyed the pumpkin cheese dish and the raw tuna pastry. I had the creme brulee for dessert, which was like no creme brulee I have ever had, more like a pumpkin pie consistency, but tasty. The menu has a wide variety of items. There were maybe 8 to 10 tables so be sure to make reservations. The servers spoke perfect English and were very helpful. The menu was in both English and Dutch.

Instant Answers: Amsterdam

Comments

Hotels Near Witte Uyl
4.5 out of 5 stars