de Zagerij, Amsterdam

by jo104
  • nicolaitan's Profile Photo

de Zagerij: Top Flight Pub

by nicolaitan Written Mar 31, 2013

The young concierge at our hotel recommended de Zagerij as a place she like to visit with friends for good food - great recommendation. Located on the wide Westerstraat in the Jordaan district, the exterior is modest. The dining room and table spacing were amongst the largest, the service was reasonably accommodating. A long bar lines one wall with tables along the other side extending toward the rear. Entrees were about $20 ( 5 more for the rack of lamb ), desserts $7-9.

We were most pleased with the food here. Most of the diners seemed to be eating two dishes, so we took the hint and ordered rack of lamb and shortribs. Not a fan of spareribs myself, these could have converted me. Whatever was used to smoke these ribs, the results were fork tender and very tasty. Both dishes were accompanied by excellent fries. A shared apple pie a la mode was a perfect ending to an unexpectedly good meal.

• jo104's Profile Photo

Eetcafe De Zagerij: Restaurant in the Jordaan area

by jo104 Updated Aug 14, 2009

Lunch is served from 11am – 4pm and dinner until 11pm.
    You can get a selection of hot or cold sandwiches for lunch. Dinner menu is a variety of steak, pork or fish served with frites and their delicious Turkish bread.
    The décor was quite nice I seem to recall although I am not sure what I ordered there but we were both quite satisfied

Instant Answers: Amsterdam

Comments

Hotels Near de Zagerij