Madame Tussaud's, Amsterdam

Dam 20 +31-20-5230623

Sam is looking at the Dam Square.
    by Jerelis
    The great viewing window
    by Benson35
    The Spice Girls
    by Benson35

Madame Tussaud Wax Museam part III

by Joseph69 Updated Sep 8, 2007

Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire (author and philosopher) is modelled by Marie in 1777.

In 1780, Marie becomes the art tutor to King Louis XVI's sister and shows-off her creations at the royal court in Versailles.

Marie returns to Paris in 1789, assisting Curtius to mould the heads of some of the guillotine's victims, where some of these people were her acquaintances in Versailles.

The history just moves on well after she passes away, and her grandson Joseph Randall continues with exhibitions in England, and it blossomed from there after a few mishaps.

Enjoy the rest of the pictures!

Waxy Kylie didn't respond to my proposal! Isn't Kylie devine? Jennifer Lopez Marilyn Monroe and Myself Tom Hanks, Pavarotti and others

Madame Tussaud Wax Museam part II

by Joseph69 Updated Sep 8, 2007

The name comes from the lady Marie Grosholz, later known as Madame Tussaud, and she born in Strasbourg in 1961.

In 1770, Marie's mother's employer, a doctor named Philippe Curtius, opens an exhibition of life-size wax figurines at the Palais Royale, in Paris. This is where Marie learns the art of wax modelling from Philippe Curtius.

More pictures to enjoy!

Waxy Prince, real Me, waxy Madonna Princes Diana, Ghandi and more. Lance Armstrong James Brown Swing those hips!

Madame Tussaud Wax Museam part I

by Joseph69 Updated Sep 8, 2007

I was so happy to have visited this wax museum. There were so many wax creations of famous people, and a short history of Amsterdam itself also. I suppose go through the many photos I have posted and enjoy!

The first Madame Tussaud museum in Amsterdam was opened in Kalverstraat, in 1971.

In 1981, it moved to its current location in Dam Square.

It's very easy to find in Dam Square.

Madame Tussaud A little history of Amsterdam Famous World leaders President Bush and President Kennedy More famous people

• heryanta's Profile Photo

Expensive! Only if you like wax museum...

by heryanta Written Jul 4, 2007

Occupying a beautiful building in a prime spot at Dam square Madame Tussaud's is a hugely popular tourist attraction in Amsterdam.

I personally find it very expensive (Euro 20 for adults) and not worth the money. However, I must concede that I do not like wax museums to begin with and when my mother (who does) visited Amsterdam she enjoyed it very much.

The first part of the museum is rather interesting as they have scenes from the early days of Amsterdam, progressing into the recent years. The other collections include world leaders, Dutch celebrities and sport personalities.

• kimberly2000's Profile Photo

Madame Tussaud the Wax Museum

by kimberly2000 Updated Apr 3, 2007

Madame Tussaud is famous in wax figures. In Netherland Madame Tussaud Museum is one of the tourist attraction. You will see many different figures like famous star, musician, sport and other famous people around the world. If you have ADAC card, show your card in entrance so that you can have some entrance discount.

President Bush Robbie Williams Pirates of the Caribbean

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Madam Tussand Wax Museum

by Martin_S. Written Dec 17, 2006

As I said we had limited time in Amsterdam, but we did pass by Madam Tussand's Wax Museum and it had been recommended to us by several people, so I have added it here so you can recognize the building.

Madame Tussand Wax Museum, Amsterdam, Holland

• eternel2002's Profile Photo

madame tussauds museum

by eternel2002 Written Nov 27, 2006

I heard about this museum before, and I want to visit it, eventhough it's a bit expensive than avaerage but it's nice to see all the wax statues of famous people, as politicians, celebrities, players, .. and it also shows and explains a part of the dutsh history with some royal and politician figures.
    If you were looking for a picture with Dalai lama, Jacque chirac or Mr. W then it's your chance. :)

Madame tussauds museum The dam square from madame tussauds museum You know who is this :)

• rcsparty's Profile Photo

Freaky realistic

by rcsparty Written Nov 1, 2006

This wax museum, which is right on the Dam Square, is another must see. It was a great way to spend an hour and the life like figures were amazing. It's probably the one time I forgot my camera, and that was definately a mistake. You can get right next to your favorite stars and realize how short they actually are. Don't miss this.

• traveloturc's Profile Photo

Madame Tussauds museum

by traveloturc Written Aug 3, 2006

In Madame Tussauds Museum you can see famous Dutch and foreign personalities. There are 130 life-like wax figures on display at Madame Tussauds. You can take pictures with famous foreign personalities such as Arnold Schwarzenegger, Oprah Winfrey and Marilyn Monroe. People from Holland’s Golden Age are also on display. Rembrandt, Peter Stuyvesant and many others.

Mme Tussaud

• hassan_abu's Profile Photo

Outside the Madame Tusaud's Museum

by hassan_abu Written Aug 1, 2006

Even if you do not want to go in the Museum. there's lots to see on the outside of the museum. You could see mimes in action, but be warned; you are required to drop a euro coin or two if you want to take pictures of them in action.

• whatsername's Profile Photo

Get your picture taken with James Bond

by whatsername Written Apr 4, 2006

It is one of the must seen museums in Amsterdam. You get to see the famous people in wax and have your picture taken with them. I think they waxed all of these people cuz they look so much real. Except for the few. I think you can find my lipstick mark on Lenny Kravitz's and Tiesto's cheeks. ;) There's also some thrilling rooms for the ones who like tension.

I luuvv this hot stuff!! Punx not dead!
    • School Holidays

• fishandchips's Profile Photo

Dutch Wax works

by fishandchips Written Jan 26, 2006

Like the London version, this place has a vast array of famous people including a few locals & royals. Not really my 'cup-of-tea' but an easy way to kill some time before wandering off to catch your train at Central Station

Wax House

• virattravels's Profile Photo

Meet Julia Roberts!

by virattravels Written Sep 11, 2005

This museum is so famous now, that almost everyone knows about it! But I was not aware that they are now present in Amsterdam also.

Ok now to share a secret - The Iamsterdam card allows you 25% discount on the entrance ticket. But we thought that the price is still a little steep. So we started to walk out but we were approached by one of the museum employees. He asked us "why are you walking away". So we told him that the entrance is steep! He asked us how much we think would be reasonable. We mentioned our price and got to get in at that too!

• Erin09340's Profile Photo

Go ahead and be a little silly

by Erin09340 Written Jul 15, 2005

You'll have more fun here if you let yourself go and embrace it. Be a little silly, pose with the statues, pretend you're dancing with Beyonce, etc. If you approach it feeling self-concious or stuffy, I don't think you'd have any fun.

now where did I leave my sequins?

• El_Cookie's Profile Photo

Hanging out with JLO

by El_Cookie Updated Jun 13, 2005

I love this place (should I get a life?...LOL). After the 23 Euros that it costs to go in there I was defintely expecting it to be good., otherwise I would have asked for my money back. It was awesome. I had a nice surprise that I had not read about and I won't mention it so I won't spoil it for you. The wax figures look so real that I had to take a picture with JLO, Julia Roberts, Jessica Simpson and many others.

OMG..JLO...What's up girl!