Schiphol Airport Shuttle Minivan, Amsterdam

Know about this? Rate It!

Connexxion vans at Schiphol
    by Lacristina
  • Look for this sign at the curb at Schiphol
    Look for this sign at the curb at...
    by Lacristina
    by Pijlmans
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

To the Airport

by grandmaR Written Mar 19, 2013

Since I'm basically not able to walk much or schlep the bags, I opted for a shuttle to the airport. We paid 30 euros for the shuttle

The shuttle was to come at 1335. I was expecting a van, but it was a taxi. The driver came in and then left and went back to the taxi, so we followed with our luggage.

The bellman asked me if I needed help, and I said I thought we'd be OK (it wasn't far), but he evidently didn't believe me, because he grabbed my granddaughter's bag (giving her a heart attack because she didn't know he was going to do that), and took both my bags and took them to the taxi and gave the taxi driver a talking to for not helping.(I think - as it was in Dutch)

The driver went toward the Central Station so I asked him if we weren't going to the airport and found that he had someone else to pick up first.

Where are they going to sit?

He went to a Hilton that was out in the boondocks. When we got there, I took my computer and sat in the front seat, but the man and his wife that were waiting were NOT pleased to share the taxi, so there were multiple conversations about it both on the phone (I guess to the dispatcher) and with the man of the couple. I of course didn't care when we got to the airport as our plane didn't leave until 1800, so we had plenty of time. The other couple elected not to travel with us.

• School Holidays
    • Seniors

• txbeltza's Profile Photo

by txbeltza Written Mar 16, 2013

Last week I made a reservation of the Schiphol Hotel Shuttle through the Hotel Hampshire to get picked-up at 8:36 h am. The bus did not come at the requested time and when the hotel called at 8:55 to find out what the problem was, the shuttle bus ended up coming at the hotel later than 9:05h am. Therefore, the delay was greater than 30 minutes. The driver told me that the previous bus had a break down, although this is not a good excuse for a service that claims to have a schedule with buses possibly going to the hotel every 15 minutes at this time of the day.

When the shuttle came the driver did not have change for my 50 Euro bill nor had the possibility of charging the bill to my credit card. He took me to terminal 3 at Schiphol so I would pay for the shuttle fare at the central office, assuring me that the gate to my airline was also in this terminal. As it happens, the gate was in terminal 1, that is at the opposite side of the airport. Thus, I was sent to the opposite side of my destination in the airport so I could pay and was not offered the possibility to be transported to the right terminal.

I regret to say that the service provided by the Schiphol hotel shutlle was very poor. My conclusión is that it is more reliable to use the train to get from Schiphol to Ámsterdam and viceversa.

• Pijlmans's Profile Photo

by Pijlmans Updated Sep 30, 2009

Schiphol Hotel Shuttle

From Schiphol Airport, you can take public transport to your hotel or other destination.

http://www.9292ov.nl/ has information on all public transport in the Netherlands in Dutch. The English version can be found here: http://journeyplanner.9292.nl/

If you prefer to be dropped off at your hotel, consider the Schiphol Hotel Shuttle of the company Connexxion, it is cheaper than a taxi: 12 euro and 19 euro for a return ticket.

Check the site below for more info.

WARNING: I've read that the shuttle is not always on time, or leaves too early when picking people up for the return trip to Schiphol. So order the shuttle well before your flight leaves, and be there early as well.

• balhannah's Profile Photo

SCHIPHOL CONNEXXION BUS SERVICE

by balhannah Written Jun 30, 2009

An easy way to get to your Hotel in Amsterdam, is with the Schiphol Hotel Connexxion service. I booked it at the Airport on arrival and paid for the return trip, this in 2009 cost 22euro. I then walked outside to where it was waiting, and it wasn't long before I was on my Hotel's doorstep. For the return journey, my Hotel rang and made the booking a day before, (this is required) and once again, I was picked up from the Hotel and taken to the Airport. I found it very convenient. There website will show you a map of the Airport with where there counter is located.

• garlandsofgrace's Profile Photo

by garlandsofgrace Written May 2, 2009

We bought Schiphol Hotel Shuttle, one way ticket. We chose this manner because we thought it would bring ease with heavy suitcases accompanying us. We experienced confusion when we were taken to Connexion desk in the airport ; they gave the impression that they were not happy with whom we had booked the "online" ticket. They said the online ticket should have the name "Connexion" on it. We stood our ground and refused to repay! It was a confusing and strange beginning in a foreign country for us! It was obviously a local problem and we were caught in the middle of their controversy!

• Airport Shuttle Service - easy and cheap

by DaniellaAmsterdam Written Aug 23, 2008

Another very easy way to travel is using the hotel shuttle bus, managed by Connexxion: www.airporthotelshuttle.nl

Most hotels are serviced by the airport hotel shuttle and you will be dropped off in front of your hotel with your suitcases :-)
    You pay 12 euro (per person) for use of the shuttle service. It is as convenient as a taxi, but for a much more appealing price (a taxi will cost you around 40 euro, so if you travel by yourself or with someone else the shuttle is cheaper). You can simply buy a ticket at the counter, in the central hall, at the connexxion desk.

Another tip: you can also use the airport hotel shuttle if you are not staying at the hotel you're dropped off at... simply look for the hotel nearest to where you want to go and take the shuttle!

• Panos1111's Profile Photo

Schiphol hotel shuttle bus

by Panos1111 Written May 8, 2008

One of the options to get to Amsterdam from the airport is the hotel shuttle bus. You buy a ticket at a counter near a Starbucks cafe (not the central strabucks, one at the end of the arrivals hall). Cost depends on where exactly you go, I got off in the center, near Leidseplein and paid 13.50 euro. Then go to the bus stop just outside the arrivals hall, I was told to ask for the KLM bus stop. You write your name and state your hotel stop. So if you are not staying in one of the hotels you can go to the hotel nearest to yours. Pleasant, joking driver, said a couple of things about the city on the way.

• miniman2804's Profile Photo

Train from Schipol

by miniman2804 Written Feb 4, 2008

Don't take the bus from Schipol. As long as your hotel is within walking distance of Centraal station (your opinion of what is walking distance!) get on the train. 15 minutes - 6 services per hour - 3.80 euro single fare. Fantastic.

• Study Abroad

• AnnS's Profile Photo

To And From The Airport

by AnnS Updated Jan 31, 2007

The cheapest and quickest way of reaching the centre of Amsterdam is by train. The station is below the airport and there's a lift if you have heavy luggage. Buy a ticket from the machines in the airport concourse or there's a manned ticket office if you prefer. Trains are very frequent and the journey only takes about 15 minutes. Amsterdam Railway Station is very central and trams go from there to all parts of the city.

Full details of all methods of public transport can be found on the excellent Schiphol Airport website at http://www.schiphol.nl/

If you have a lot of luggage, and are not staying very close to the railway station, you may prefer to use the Connexxion minibus shuttle service. It goes from right outside the terminal building, approx. every 10 minutes, and you can order it to collect you from your hotel for your return journey. I've used it several times and always found it to be reliable. You buy a ticket on the bus and the drivers all speak good English. Details can be found here - http://www.schipholhotelshuttle.nl/site/info.asp

• Airport shuttle service in Amsterdam

by leduche Written Sep 29, 2006

I took this service to go to city center last week - Service was Ok - Price too
    Much cheaper than a taxi (half price per way) in the shared version, which I booked.
    45 minutes transfer due to trafic ... In Amsterdam with tiny cobbled streets avoid taxi at all cost !! You can book private too.
    That's all.

• Seniors
    • Business Travel

• Lacristina's Profile Photo

The Airport Connexxion Shuttle Van

by Lacristina Updated Jul 22, 2006

Look for this sign at the curb at Schiphol

While it's fast and cheap to take the train to the center of Amsterdam from the airport, if your hotel is quite a way from the central train station and you're not keen on schlepping your baggage on and off the trams, another reasonable alternative is the Connexxion Hotel Shuttle van.

It costs 12 euros one way, 19 if you buy a round trip ticket. They leave about every half hour and the trip can take as little as 25 minutes if there's no traffic and your hotel is the first stop. The vans were very comfortable and sat seven people. If one van fills up, they send for another.

Once you land at Schiphol, find your way to the sign at the curb reading "Hotel Shuttles, A7, Connexxion Airport Hotel Shuttle." There's a map of the location here. http://www.schipholhotelshuttle.nl/site/maps.asp

A posted sign will tell you if they travel to your specific hotel or you can check on their web site.

You pay the driver when you arrive at your hotel, and if you want a round trip ticket, you must buy it at this time.

For your return trip, tell your hotel at least two hours before your required departure time so they can book the van for you. They have a schedule and can tell you when the most convenient time for you would be. Allow for a few extra minutes (10-15) because you may be the last stop, or they may stop at other hotels to pick up additional guests.

• LolaSanFrancisco's Profile Photo

AIRPORT – HOTEL SHUTTLE

by LolaSanFrancisco Written Apr 27, 2005

420 Bus

AIRPORT – HOTEL SHUTTLE
    I recommend taking the shuttle from the airport to your hotel for a few reasons.
    First off, it’s cheap and easy:11euro/$14.22 per person for a one way ticket, or when your buying them get a round trip for 17.50euro/$22.62. The coaches leave Amssterdam Schiphol Airport every 10 minutes. The next reason is it’s a little trip around Amsterdam, like a mini tour to get your bearings on where you will be staying verses where everything is. Smart eh? The schedule is here at this link: http://www.airporthotelshuttle.nl/site/toonhotel.asp?HotelID=348 Tickets are available at the Connexxion desk on the Schiphol Plaza, the Tourist information, your hotel and with the driver.

Instant Answers: Amsterdam