Know about this?
This is really the only complaint I have about Amsterdam! You HAVE to watch where you are walking because NO ONE cleans up after their dogs! It is truly DISGUSTING!!! It would be nice to be able to look around at the beautiful architecture rather than piles of dog *** everywhere!! UGH!!
The Dutch are very clean, that must be why they don't like to "curb their dogs"
Keep half an eye on the ground as you walk. Things are worse if you venture past the touristy spots where dogs are more likely to be.
It's actually gotten better in recent years but be on the look-out for dog poop on the street. It blends right in with the cobblestones.
Should you happen to stomp one of these stinky sidewalk toads into oblivion, the link below lists Dutch swear words & phrases.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Madurai Hotels
- Minorca Island
- Backbone State Park Hotels
- Rochester Hotels
- Kaiserebersdorf Hotels
- Honduras Warnings and Dangers
- Jakarta Warnings and Dangers
- Cleveland Warnings and Dangers
- Mazatlán Warnings and Dangers
- Phnom Penh Warnings and Dangers
- Dublin Warnings and Dangers
- Malta Warnings and Dangers
- Monterrey Warnings and Dangers
- Bhutan Warnings and Dangers
- Safety or not
- Providenciales Island Warnings and Dangers
- Belize City Warnings and Dangers