Hotel Reservations, Amsterdam

Know about this?

• Hotel Reservations
    by danmcf
  • breughel's Profile Photo

Bedbugs in Amsterdam hotels.

by breughel Written Jul 7, 2009

Twenty % of the hotels of Amsterdam have bedbugs.
    This information originates from Rentokil, a company active in the destruction of vermin, and was reported in the Dutch newspapers Het Parool and De Telegraaf of 4/07/2009.

• danmcf's Profile Photo

If staying at Hotel Kap, Hotel...

by danmcf Written Aug 25, 2002

If staying at Hotel Kap, Hotel Crystal, ar any other small hotel (especially if it was once a home) - be prepared for narrow, steep stairs!! Elevators in these charming establishments are nonexistent also.

• riku2's Profile Photo

Amsterdam Hotels -the worst I...

by riku2 Written Aug 26, 2002

Amsterdam Hotels -the worst I have experienced in the world. Expensive for the type of room, always heavily booked so hard to book a nice one and they never have the room ready early - always you have to come back at 3pm once they have cleaned it - before then they have 'nothing' as if the cleaners only start work at 14:50 !

• TheFish's Profile Photo

when we went to holland we...

by TheFish Updated Aug 24, 2002

when we went to holland we stayed in amsterdam. the hotels and hostels there are quite expensive. plus all the hostels we found had a policy that you had to stay at least three nights. also, they were rather dodgy. next time i go to holland i'm planning on staying outside amsterdam. the train services are good and since the country is so small it doesn't take much time to get into the city.

• misodiva's Profile Photo

Have hotel reservations

by misodiva Written Jan 25, 2004

We arrived in the morning and were unable to find a hotel room that could do an early checkin. We wandered around on a Sun. morning after 12 hrs of flying and had to wait until after noon. Have hotel reservations and let them know when you are arriving.

• orangetree28's Profile Photo

Saturday Night Crisis in Hotels

by orangetree28 Written Dec 6, 2006

On Saturday Nights Amsterdam is madly full. All Hostels (private rooms) and hotels are full. Or they require you to book 2 night for sure..
    We had a flight on the tomorrow morning so we lock our luggages in the train station and we travel the city then we went to Schipol Airport airport hotel was full also but

at schipol after you take your boarding card, at the upstairs there are big coaches for to sleep. only problem is annoying announces .. but we slept anyway..
    this may be an option..

• randm1's Profile Photo

Hostel rooms are co-ed!

by randm1 Written Nov 22, 2002

No one warned me before I got there, so my first night, there I was in my short lavender Eeyore PJs in a room with nine guys. Fortunately, half were there to work and were dead tired, and the rest were too busy getting high to notice.

Instant Answers: Amsterdam