8 more things to do in Amsterdam when you're dead
1. kelly's bar - where she waggles her arse as she serves you, as you drool.
2. The only columbian who here for a Holiday and detests drugs, even though he's brough us 4 sambuca shots each and carries more ££££'s then a lottery winner.
3. Never give your room key to 2 scouse birds who are tripping !!!
4. Dancing - see if you can get ejected at 5am for sleeping on the dance floor.
5. spend 20 quality minutes with a whore only to come out with the line "I was getting my belt back".
6. catcall all those queing to see a sex show - we couldn't afford it..
7. some whores look like models, others look like a bad dream...
8) Avoid giving your Burger King drinks to a space cadet as the chances are high you'll see him later in the RLD where he acts as your new best friend.
9. The sum of Corona + Heineken + Sambuca = very pissed... = sin and Dabauchery which = quality weekend.Related to:
Oh, aren't those canals quaint? Don't they make the city so very charming! Yes they do! BUT, they also host SWARMS of mosquitos! I stayed at a place right on one of the canals and the first night I barely slept a wink. I went out and got a citronella candle the next day and slept much more peacefully the rest of the time I was there.
....... isn't a big deal here :(
I saw this discarded rose in the bin at a tram stop at about midnight on Valentine's Day... it just seemed a little sad.
Construction in progress
Amsterdam is under construction ... literally !! So, do be careful of the traffic on the roads and scaffolding ..etc.
Most of the public phones need a pre-purchased phone card and wont except coins.
Phone cards are available at post offices and most tobacco shops.Related to:
Make sure not to have too many lighters in one luggage or bag, if you are a collector like myself, they can be confiscated as a fire hazard.
Do not expect too much courtesy
Amsterdam people are known by the rest of the Dutch as extremely frank and also rude. Do not expect them to behave to you any different!
If you were a shirt saying...
If you were a shirt saying Amsterdam on your flight home you will get your bags inspected extra-extra closely for drugs.
Too much time in the...
Too much time in the hospitality room at the Heineken Brewery after the tour, and its nap time in Vondel Park!
Be on the lookout for iguanas....
Be on the lookout for iguanas. For some unknown reason, there's a little park dedicated to the iguana. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Some souvenir shops are quiet small and narrow and they display a lot of souvenirs esp. breakable ones.So you really have to be careful to avoid paying for nothing.Related to:
- Budget Travel
Small dragons, Pieter calls them iguanas, are sometimes underfoot. I expect that when I return they will be full grown. I hope that they will know to not walk in the bike lanes.
This is an absolutely beautiful hotel in a perfect position with all the amenities and more. It is...more
My son and grandmother shared a room at the Ambassade, where we were greeted by a very friendly and...more
“But New Amsterdam remained comparatively intact. The tongues of nearly every European nation were...more
Latest Amsterdam Hotel Reviews
- Hotel De Lantaerne
- 113 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 24, 2014
- Hotel Utopia
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 1, 2014
- De Leydsche Hof
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 30, 2013
- Maggy's Bed and Breakfast
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 20, 2014
- Amistad Hotel
- 132 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 10, 2014
- City Hotel Amsterdam
- 111 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 5, 2014
- Hampshire Hotel - Beethoven Amsterdam
- 124 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 22, 2014
- Park Hotel Amsterdam
- 966 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 9, 2014
- Asterisk Hotel
- 152 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 5, 2014
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 30, 2014
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Explore the World
- Isla Cubagua Hotels
- Dunlavin Hotels
- Puerto Ayora Hotels
- Den Oever
- Barotac Viejo Hotels
- Navarre Warnings and Dangers
- Yellowknife Warnings and Dangers
- Adana Ili Warnings and Dangers
- Kalgoorlie Warnings and Dangers
- Kenya Warnings and Dangers
- Driving / Traffic
- Wales Warnings and Dangers
- Tunis Warnings and Dangers
- Melaka Warnings and Dangers
- Bandung Warnings and Dangers
- Thunder Bay Warnings and Dangers