Weather, Amsterdam

Know about this?

• malianrob's Profile Photo

The weather......

by malianrob Written Nov 25, 2008

This was my first time in Europe. I had read alot and I knew that it was going to be cold, that it might rain, and be ready for some cold weather with the right gear.
    As we were walking from Centraal Station to our hotel with all our luggage it started to hail. I wasnt prepared for these little hail balls coming from out of no where to be hitting me so hard. It was also so cold that my face got alittle burned. mY Face was red for a few days. Its also so cold that it makes your hands hurt. It hurts like when you are in the snow with no snow gear except for in wasnt snowing here.
    I should have brought some sunscreen but a sure did bring alot of moisturizer for my face.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Wacky weather!

by acemj Updated Apr 30, 2004

July and August are probably the months with the best weather, but they also are the busiest, most expensive times to visit. I was most recently in Amsterdam in February and the weather was hard to predict. A quick hail storm seemingly came out of nowhere one afternoon and snow fell the next day. Come prepared with the proper clothing.

• Freezing In February

by Mariajoy Written Aug 28, 2004

Im stuck here til the spring!

Take warm clothes...... it was freezing.... and if anyone asks you to sit by an icy pond to pose for a pic.... don't! Your bum will be frozen to the concrete until the ice melts!

• MBDVB's Profile Photo

Nice UMBRELLA!!!

by MBDVB Written Jun 16, 2003

Got a light?

When in Amsterdam, please attempt to fit in. This does not mean buying an umbrella with a marijuana leaf on it... unless you are going to smoke it. Then it's perfectly acceptable.

• Architecture