Know about this?
July and August are probably the months with the best weather, but they also are the busiest, most expensive times to visit. I was most recently in Amsterdam in February and the weather was hard to predict. A quick hail storm seemingly came out of nowhere one afternoon and snow fell the next day. Come prepared with the proper clothing.
This was my first time in Europe. I had read alot and I knew that it was going to be cold, that it might rain, and be ready for some cold weather with the right gear.
As we were walking from Centraal Station to our hotel with all our luggage it started to hail. I wasnt prepared for these little hail balls coming from out of no where to be hitting me so hard. It was also so cold that my face got alittle burned. mY Face was red for a few days. Its also so cold that it makes your hands hurt. It hurts like when you are in the snow with no snow gear except for in wasnt snowing here.
I should have brought some sunscreen but a sure did bring alot of moisturizer for my face.
Freezing In February
Take warm clothes...... it was freezing.... and if anyone asks you to sit by an icy pond to pose for a pic.... don't! Your bum will be frozen to the concrete until the ice melts!
When in Amsterdam, please attempt to fit in. This does not mean buying an umbrella with a marijuana leaf on it... unless you are going to smoke it. Then it's perfectly acceptable.
- Road Trip
- Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Estes Park Hotels
- Yaounde Hotels
- Province of Mindoro Oriental
- Penwood State Park Hotels
- Ballarat Hotels
- El Nido Warnings and Dangers
- St. Thomas Warnings and Dangers
- Taipei Warnings and Dangers
- Curitiba Warnings and Dangers
- Alicante Warnings and Dangers
- Quebec Warnings and Dangers
- Avoiding Tourist Hazards
- Indonesia Warnings and Dangers
- Hartford Warnings and Dangers
- Moldova Warnings and Dangers
- State of Sabah Warnings and Dangers