Know about this? Rate It!
The Beach in Zandvoort
Zandvoort has an amazing beach that stretches as far as the eye can see with breathtaking beauty. In summer months the beach is packed with bars and restuarants all along the boardwalk. And hope you dont mind seeing a little skin cause it can get downright BARE:))
- Family Travel
Not really off the beaten path, since millions of people go to Zandvoort every year. Zandvoort is one of the most important seaside resorts. It is famous for it's long beach (9 km), it's casino and its circuit. Zandvoort also has a very large bungalow parc called Gran Dorado.
It is great to go to Zandvoort and walk along the beach or the promenade and make a walk through the town. It is also nice to take a look at the dunes, which gives you a nice view of Dutch nature.
Altough the water of the sea doesn't look very clean, because of the dark sand, it was awarded by a European environmental organisation with the much coveted Blue Banner, which means the water is very clean and very suitable to swim in. Please only swim in the summer, or you'll freeze to death!!!
The town can be reached very easily by train which departs every 30 minutes from Haarlem train station, or you can take bus 80 or 81.
Yanks is a very nice and spacious coffeeshop. There is a gameroom, downstairs and lots of additional tables upstairs. On the ground floor the tables have teepees over them which is real cool, the whole place is an Indian theme. Also there is a bar area where they serve alcohol and lots of outside tables which is nice to enjoy, weather permitting of course.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Haarlem Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Serra de Água
- Wolverhampton Hotels
- Punta Princesa Hotels
- Bodh Gaya
- Morden Hotels
- Piraeus Hotels
- Bordeaux Off The Beaten Path
- Big Sur Off The Beaten Path
- Newtown Castle
- Lecco Off The Beaten Path
- Hong Kong Off The Beaten Path
- Malta Off The Beaten Path
- Bainbridge Island Off The Beaten Path
- Mostar Off The Beaten Path
- Lancaster Off The Beaten Path
- Antwerp-around Central Station
- Colmar Off The Beaten Path