Marken Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Marken

• craigbooth's Profile Photo

Het Taanderij: Famously grumpy restauranteur, with much to be gru

by craigbooth Written Aug 12, 2005

This is a great shame as the reataurant is in a beautiful location overlooking the harbour of the fantastically unspoilt, and preserved island village of Marken and of the Gouwe Zee.
    The owner is rude, and is well known to local residents to be so. We waited 25 minutes to be asked for our order, after two other tables had been served.
    If you try to speak Dutch, you will be laughed at for your mistakes.
    The restaurant was busy, but it soon became clear that we diners were there for the restauranteur's convenience.
    The menu looked good, and probably the food could be too, but on the night we were there, it was pretty but only so-so for taste.
    The fellow's exploiting the fact that there are only three places to eat in the village to ramp up the price

• Sailing and Boating
    • Business Travel

• King_Golo's Profile Photo

De Visscher: The World's Best Uitsmijter

by King_Golo Written Jul 18, 2013

De Visscher was our restaurant choice after we had surrounded the island of Marken on foot. Our stomachs were rumbling louder every minute, so we just wanted to get some food, no matter how good or bad. We probably would even have gone for fish and chips soaked in fat...
    Well, De Visscher it was, and so we sat on the terrace next to the harbour, browsed through the menue and stumbled upon "uitsmijter", a dish that we knew consists of dark bread, fried eggs, ham, cheese and salad. It sounded lekker (to use yet another Dutch word), so I ordered it. My wife went for the "tosti gezond", a veggie dish with pancakes and cheese if I remember correctly. Her dish was alright, mine was heaven on earth! I had never had any such dish with such a great taste. Delicious from the first to the last bite! Yuuuuuuuummmmmmyyyyy! I can't explain what made it so good - perhaps the fresh ingredients, perhaps the mixture of different tastes, perhaps my enormous hunger - but I knew it was one of the best meals I had had in a long time. I tried another uitsmijter in Amsterdam later that week and was completely disappointed. It tasted old and boring, which again underlines the high quality of De Visscher's uitsmijter. So if you happen to be on Marken, get hungry and need something good fast, then check out this place.

Favorite Dish: Do I really need to repeat that?

• stevezero's Profile Photo

Land and Zeezicht: Local Delicacies

by stevezero Written Jul 16, 2005

Can't remember what we ate, but the restaurant serves all manner of local dishes and snacks. It is situated right on the harbour in what were once fishermens cottages.

Favorite Dish: Local food and excellent coffee

Marken Restaurant

Instant Answers: Marken

Comments

Marken Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Marken restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Marken sightseeing.