Muiden Warnings and Dangers

whats he looking at?
    by angiebabe
    admiring the Muidenslot tower!
    by angiebabe
    a sudden impulse to capture the moment!

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Muiden

• ealgisi's Profile Photo

Road speedometer

by ealgisi Written Apr 12, 2008

In Holland roads bikes have the right on everybody and everything, usually they run on dedicated places at the side of roads, but it can happen that you find them on normal roads, specially in city center, so pay attention and watch carefully.

• ealgisi's Profile Photo

Bikes on the street

by ealgisi Written Apr 12, 2008

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

French maids in frilly knickers on a family outing

by angiebabe Updated Apr 5, 2008

a sudden impulse to capture the moment!

Jokes aside - there was quite a crowd getting a bit impatient at the slow progress - well none for a while - at getting through the ticket booth. Which took about a half an hour wait to finally get my ticket! At the beginning of the queue was a group in medieval costumes so I wondered what interesting entertainment might be going on once we got inside.

When I finally did - and passing by costumed persons headed off up the nearest tower as you do when youre a bit castle mad - lo and behold up there was a young blondey in a frilly knickered french maid outfit for a photo shoot! Which turned a few heads!
    Nothing particularly riske in this day and age but it was a bit of a strange or amusing time to be out and about in that outfit on a Saturday afternoon during family/children peak visiting time - but then again we were only just down the road from Amsterdam?

Actually we had quite a chilly wind that afternoon so I was actually wondering how she didnt appear at all cold?!

• Castles and Palaces

• ATLC's Profile Photo

No tourist office

by ATLC Written Jul 14, 2005
    OLD JEEP

Although the internet says otherwise, the tourist office is not in Muiden anymore. The nearest you'll get is in Bussum.

The locals don't know this themselves! I asked people because I could not find it. They gave me directions but it just wasn't there. I later asked at the restaurant where I had lunch, and they said it had gone. Pity!

During my search, I saw this old Jeep which I liked. Hence the photo.

• beetlebummer's Profile Photo

DO NOT wear heels!

by beetlebummer Updated Jun 15, 2004

The sea shells pathway, Muiden

DO NOT! And I repeat DO NOT wear heels! (Just like I did!!) HA! HA! Fashion victim...Silly me! The herb garden paths are spread with sea shells! Plus the uneven ground.

Instant Answers: Muiden

Comments

Muiden Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Muiden warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Muiden sightseeing.