Places to eat in Provincie Noord-Holland

• Humphrey's
    by Maryimelda

Most Viewed Restaurants in Provincie Noord-Holland

• Toja's Profile Photo

The Pond ;-): Don't miss the fresh lakefood!

by Toja Written Sep 7, 2004

Of course, I'm kidding. It's because I cannot remember any place where we had some food.. But.. to tell you the truth.. original Dutch food was much too greasy for me..

Favorite Dish: that fish wanted to swallow my fingers! They were jumping up! Now I'm not kidding.

feeding carp

• magor65's Profile Photo

De Vuursche Boer: Dutch pancakes

by magor65 Written Jul 20, 2014

Lage Vuursache lies half-way between Amsterdam and Utrecht. It's surrounded by woods and has not much more than one street lined with a couple of shops and restaurants, most of which are pancakes houses.
    Brought here on a September Saturday afternoon by our Dutch friends, we were surprised to find out how popular, mainly with locals, this place was. We dined in De Vuursche Boer restaurant specialising in pancakes.

Lately I have read somewhere on the Internet that Queen Beatrix, who abdicated a few months ago, decided to move into Castle Drakensteyn, her property in Lage Vuursche. She used to live here as a Princess until 1981 when she and her family moved to the Hague ( after Beatrix became the Queen). The property is well hidden behind a tall fence in the middle of the forest so don't expect to see it. But who knows? Perhaps one day the ex-queen will feel like having a pancake with the local people?

Favorite Dish: There is a wide variety of pancakes ranging from the sweet ones served with fruit and whipped cream to the ones with ham and cheese. A very popular dish, judging by the number of orders, is a bacon (speck) pancake accompanied by apple or pineapple sauce. The prices start at 6 Euro and the most expensive pancakes will cost about 12 Euro. The interior is rustic in style and on warm days you can sit on the terrace outside. On the day of our visit it was not easy to find a free table, luckily our friends had booked it in advance. I've read the opinions that it's the best pancake place in the Netherlands. I can't confirm it because I didn't try other places, but I must say I was really satisfied with my dish of sweet pancakes.

• vtveen's Profile Photo

North Holland, Schagen - De Posthoorn: dining at the main square

by vtveen Updated May 3, 2010

Schagen has a remarkable number of restaurants and it was quite difficult for us to decide wher to have our diner the second day of our short visit. Although not our first choice (which was Grand Café 1741, closed for a private function) we ended up in Restaurant De Posthoorn, almost next to our hotel Igesz.

De Posthoorn is located in one of the older buildings of the city along the main square; it is family owned since 1912. We were seated by the friendly staff in the conservatory with great views of the Markt.

Being so close to the North Sea we opted for one of the fish dishes of the menu: fillet of cod with a very tasteful mustard sauce. The fish was served with various potatoes and vegetables. We finished our diner with a (strong) cappuccino, still overlooking the main square and enjoying the coming and going locals.

De Posthoorn offers good honest food for an affordable price (our main course was just € 16.50 pp).

Restaurant De Posthoorn

• DAO's Profile Photo

Restaurant Kam Yin: A Taste of Suriname in Amsterdam

by DAO Written Oct 12, 2015

Kam Tin started in this location near the Red Light District in 1980. They have survived the years by offering good food, a massive menu and reasonable prices. They always seem to be busy, but they treat you like an honoured guest and the food is excellent. They describe themselves as a Surinamese-Chinese Restaurant. This interesting combination is because the owners are from Suriname in South America. The former Dutch Colony was created using labourers from India, Indonesia and China. So they have an amazing variety of dishes you may never have seen before. As you walk in it looks like a large almost non-descript Chinese eatery. Don’t let this put you off. They offer hearty, tasty food with good-sized portions. I started with Won Ton soup. Yummy. For my main meal I ordered the Moksi Meli Kam Yin. This is a delicious mixed meat dish with roasted duck, pork, chicken, vegetables and a lovely sauce served with steamed rice. Also known as number 19 on the menu. This is what they call a Surinamese-Chinese dish. I just call it delicious, filling and economical.

With the lengthy and interesting menu choices you can’t go wrong here. They have a full Chinese menu as you would expect. They proudly offer Surinamese dishes, sandwiches and snacks. These include unique items such as Codfish Sandwich, Bami (pork with noodles), Pikante Tjauw Min met Kip (spicy Chinese noodles with chicken and prawns), Bojo Cake (coconut and cassava), and Baka Bana (fried plantain with spicy peanut sauce).

• They deliver to hotels in Central Amsterdam from 17:00 – 24:00
    • The restaurant is open from 12:00 – 24:00 every day

Restaurant Kam Yin (Surinamese-Chinese) Restaurant Kam Yin (Surinamese-Chinese) Restaurant Kam Yin (Surinamese-Chinese) Restaurant Kam Yin (Surinamese-Chinese) Restaurant Kam Yin (Surinamese-Chinese)

• DAO's Profile Photo

Wok to Walk: The Best Fast Food in Amsterdam

by DAO Written Jan 21, 2016

Amsterdam has been plagued by horrible fast food places for decades. Well no more! Wok to Walk has arrived! I have been in Amsterdam on many a night wanting to get a quick bite to eat or something late in the evening while I drink lots of beer. I cannot remember how many bad kebabs and French fries I have endured. Amsterdam even has vending machine restaurants that are popular with the ‘in between bars’ crowd. People! Your suffering is over!

Wok to Walk should be called something like ‘Easy as 1, 2, 3”. While you watch the chefs Woking away, you select the 3 essential elements of your meal:

• BASE – Noodles (what kind of noodles?), rice or vegetables
    • FAVOURITES – should read ‘meat’, but you can get non-meat options
    • SAUCE – Japanese? Malaysian? Thai? Just stupidly hot?

You just order and Chef makes in right in front of you. You then have a nice takeaway container and you can have chopsticks or a fork (wussies). This is awesome, fresh, hot and delicious food you can afford, take with you and enjoy at the boozer. Or between bars. Or both.

And if the alcohol hasn’t taken the edge off of your sensitivities, they have Vegetarian and Vegan offerings.

DAO’s way:
    • Udon noodles with fresh vegetables & egg
    • Chicken or the Beef
    • Saigon (Garlic and black pepper) or Tokyo (Teriyaki, sweet soy sauce)
    • Beer (you have to get that somewhere else)

Stop doing without! The only downside to Walk to Wok? They are very popular (pent up demand) and they can be very busy at times.

They also have a loyalty program for free food on the phone app!

Wok to Walk Wok to Walk Wok to Walk Wok to Walk Wok to Walk
    • Singles

• French Fries Are For The Dutch Too!

by Dunlop Written Feb 9, 2004

The resturant we went to was your average simple diner that was famous for there fries, which were amazing! The only thing you may find odd about french fries in Holland: ketchup just isnt good enough, you must ask for it and be prepared for a funny reaction, because most dutch people prefer mayo. (As do I!)

Favorite Dish: Favorite dish, aside to the amazing fries, cheese and tea are both very traditional dutch snacks. Cheese and tea apparently go good after every meal, whether your dining in or out, its what you are served whether you like it or not. But its a good thing I do or else I would have been in trouble.

• Cycling

5 Reviews - 28 Photos
IJmuiden Hotels
31 Reviews - 110 Photos

Instant Answers: Provincie Noord-Holland

Comments

Provincie Noord-Holland Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Provincie Noord-Holland restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Provincie Noord-Holland sightseeing.
Map of Provincie Noord-Holland