Places to eat in Provincie Noord-Holland

Joselito's
    by leics
    Lamb stew and patatas bravas
    Freshly-cooked bread

Most Viewed Restaurants in Provincie Noord-Holland

• Toja's Profile Photo

The Pond ;-): Don't miss the fresh lakefood!

by Toja Written Sep 7, 2004

Of course, I'm kidding. It's because I cannot remember any place where we had some food.. But.. to tell you the truth.. original Dutch food was much too greasy for me..

Favorite Dish: that fish wanted to swallow my fingers! They were jumping up! Now I'm not kidding.

feeding carp

• magor65's Profile Photo

De Vuursche Boer: Dutch pancakes

by magor65 Written Jul 20, 2014

Lage Vuursache lies half-way between Amsterdam and Utrecht. It's surrounded by woods and has not much more than one street lined with a couple of shops and restaurants, most of which are pancakes houses.
    Brought here on a September Saturday afternoon by our Dutch friends, we were surprised to find out how popular, mainly with locals, this place was. We dined in De Vuursche Boer restaurant specialising in pancakes.

Lately I have read somewhere on the Internet that Queen Beatrix, who abdicated a few months ago, decided to move into Castle Drakensteyn, her property in Lage Vuursche. She used to live here as a Princess until 1981 when she and her family moved to the Hague ( after Beatrix became the Queen). The property is well hidden behind a tall fence in the middle of the forest so don't expect to see it. But who knows? Perhaps one day the ex-queen will feel like having a pancake with the local people?

Favorite Dish: There is a wide variety of pancakes ranging from the sweet ones served with fruit and whipped cream to the ones with ham and cheese. A very popular dish, judging by the number of orders, is a bacon (speck) pancake accompanied by apple or pineapple sauce. The prices start at 6 Euro and the most expensive pancakes will cost about 12 Euro. The interior is rustic in style and on warm days you can sit on the terrace outside. On the day of our visit it was not easy to find a free table, luckily our friends had booked it in advance. I've read the opinions that it's the best pancake place in the Netherlands. I can't confirm it because I didn't try other places, but I must say I was really satisfied with my dish of sweet pancakes.

• French Fries Are For The Dutch Too!

by Dunlop Written Feb 9, 2004

The resturant we went to was your average simple diner that was famous for there fries, which were amazing! The only thing you may find odd about french fries in Holland: ketchup just isnt good enough, you must ask for it and be prepared for a funny reaction, because most dutch people prefer mayo. (As do I!)

Favorite Dish: Favorite dish, aside to the amazing fries, cheese and tea are both very traditional dutch snacks. Cheese and tea apparently go good after every meal, whether your dining in or out, its what you are served whether you like it or not. But its a good thing I do or else I would have been in trouble.

• Beaches

29 Reviews - 134 Photos
Beverwijk Hotels
4 Reviews - 6 Photos

Instant Answers: Provincie Noord-Holland

Comments

Provincie Noord-Holland Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Provincie Noord-Holland restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Provincie Noord-Holland sightseeing.
Map of Provincie Noord-Holland