Zwolle Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Zwolle

Vito's: The place to be.

by MaaikeSchmit Written Dec 4, 2013

Love the sandwiches.

Excellent food, good atmosphere, The place to be. Crowded, but cosy. The favorite of many people in the city of Zwolle. Choice menu for one price (with some additional payment for specialities) Good wines. Till about 17.00 hours, only drinks and sandwiches. From 17.00 on, diner time with Italian specialities, meat, fish, pasta's.

Humphrey's: Okay food.

by MaaikeSchmit Written Nov 25, 2013

Nice backyard of Humphrey's.

After a day shopping my mom, my sister and I ended up at this restaurant. The service was great and the food tasted very good. The restaurant has a patio too where we had our dinner. I chose the mixed grill skewer which comes what rosemary potatoes and salad. Tasted ok, not amazing, but filled a gap at a reasonable price. Love the decor and service was good.

Poppe: Complete surprise!

by MaaikeSchmit Written Nov 25, 2013

Entrance of Poppe.

In this town of Zwolle there a some very famous (michelin star) restaurants and maybe that's why some other restaurants like Poppe do their utmost to meet expectations. However we did not know the place before and just walked by when we saw both the menu and the prices. Excellent food (try a menu) with interesting local/regional product and some of the best deer (roastbeef version) ever eaten. Chapeau !

• nighthawk's Profile Photo

De Librije: Another photograph

by nighthawk Updated Apr 4, 2011

Citywall Zwolle

Another photograph of 'De Librije'.At the left you see remains of the old city wall.
    It s nice to explore those walls.

Favorite Dish: My satisfaction rate is only hear say ... but I trust on the people s good taste.

• a5floor's Profile Photo

De Koperen Hoogte: De Koperen Hoogte part I

by a5floor Updated Oct 3, 2010
    De Koperen Hoogte

For my birthday I got a certificate for the restaurant De Koperen Hoogte. On 2 October 2010 we (me, my parents, my sister & her boyfriend) went to this restaurant.

This restaurant/hotel is in what used to be a water tower. There are 2 restaurants at this water tower. One down at the ground level and the other one up in the air at the top (where the water basin is). We went in the elevator to the top. The elevator is on the outside of the water tower. This way you will have a great view from the area (on the day we went it was rainy/foggy, so we couldn't look far). Once in the restaurant you will sit down next to the windows. From here you will have a great view over the area as well. The best part of it, is that the sitting part is moving around 360 degrees. We have been there for about 3.5 hours and we have been round during our stay. Be aware that your bags are under your seat cause the window is not going around as well.

My parents, sister & her boyfriend had the surprise menu. This menu allows the chefs to make meals what they come up with that day. You can have a 3, 4 or 5 cours from this menu. I had the vegetarion main cours and dessert. Which was yummie as well. :)

Be aware that you have make reservations before you can go to this restaurant.

Email: info@dekoperenhoogte.nl
    Fax: +31-(0)529-428429

Chinees Cantonees Restaurant Taiwan: Chinese please

by egonwegh Updated Dec 17, 2008
    Zwolle, Chinese restaurant Taiwan (receipt)

Chinese restaurant, nicely decorated, in the historic town centre of Zwolle, we had dinner here on 18 May 2008.

Favorite Dish: We had 'Indische rijsttafel' - Indonesian rice dish - for two persons, a soft drink and some white beer, and paid 42.50 euro. I can recommend the restaurant, the food tasted great!

This restaurant also offers: lunch, take away, and catering.

Restaurant de 4 Azen: Four Aces

by egonwegh Updated Sep 8, 2008

Jennie and I visited this restaurant with friends of ours on 7 September 2008. Part of a chain of restaurants, you'll also find a 4 Azen (Four Aces) Restaurant in 's-Hertogenbosch and Eindhoven - provided you know where to look for them, of course. The Zwolle restaurant is to be found on the Melkmarkt in the town centre, in what looked like the former town house of a rich merchant. Hardly any decorations on the wall and no fancy furniture, but plain wooden tables instead. We enjoyed our dinner very much!

Favorite Dish: We all had a three course menu, mine was excellent, I had carpaccio, hoenfilet (chicken), and parfait for dessert, for which I paid 28,50 Euro. The standard price for the three course menu is 24, 50 Euro (2008), but some dishes on the menu come with a small extra charge. Note that they also charge a couple of euros extra for french fries and salad. Recommended!

Urbana: Almost suburban

by egonwegh Updated Apr 10, 2007
    Receipt Urbana

Restaurant and conference centre. This is where we held the reception after our wedding in Zwolle, back in 1994. We visited this place again in the course of one of our 'nostalgic' trips, in March 2007.

Favorite Dish: We had some white beer and bitter lemon with eight 'bitterballen' (my dictionary says I should describe these as 'small croquettes').

Cafeteria Pitstop: Pitstop

by egonwegh Updated Apr 1, 2007
    The Pitstop restaurant near Zwolle

[We drove past this restaurant again in November 2006, but apparently the restaurant has closed and the building itself is up for sale ]- Fast food restaurant, we ordered some French fries here just before they closed down for the day at 8 pm. Fast service, the kind you'd expect at a pitstop, we were served in under three minutes! To be found in the borough of Westenholte north-west of Zwolle along the road to 's-Heerenbroek.

• crazydingo's Profile Photo

La Terra: THE spot for the most dilicious pizza!

by crazydingo Updated Aug 7, 2005

This restaurant is one of the best Italian restaurants of Zwolle. Its very cosy there and you'll enjoy to eat there. Its near the station and 1 minute walk of my home. The pizza's taste fantastic and the people there are very friendly!

Favorite Dish: I always have pizza Boromea with extra Salami added! But the pasta's are very good to... so always a hard choise.

• crazydingo's Profile Photo

De Vierjaargetijden: The best place for good and pretty cheap food!

by crazydingo Written Jun 25, 2005

De vierjaargetijden is a very nice bar/restaurant... Its the place to be! Many local people are visiting the place. If your not having dinner its a nice stay too. But ofcourse you can eat very well. The food is very good for a low price. There's some for anyone on the menu. I always go there for the sate. In the summer its nice sitting on the terras. Its in the middle of town so you can sit and relax watching people passing by.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is ofcourse the sate...its called vier balineesjes op een stokje...translated four balinese on a stick...sounds pervert, tastes great! The mixed grill is good too! Just give it a try!

• ramons's Profile Photo

Het Vliegende Paard (The Flying Horse): Cheap and fancy food!

by ramons Written Jun 29, 2003
    Guess at what pub I clean the floors every night?

The Flying Horse is the local and official student pub in Zwolle, where students can get very very cheap meals from 5-9pm. Everyday there is a different menu with a selection of at least 10 different dishes, varying from pasta, chinese, vegetarian, healthy and unhealthy (remember the students).
    Non-students are welcome too, so if you are a tourist, just talk your way in and say you read about this great place on the Internet. They'll love you for that!

• Singles
    • Music

• ATLC's Profile Photo

Restaurant Poppe: Dining in an old smithy

by ATLC Updated Sep 20, 2002
    A MOST AGREABLE DINNER

Old smithy in Zwolle, with that warm, authentic atmosphere. Kitchen in the middle of the restaurant which is always nice entertainment to watch.

I came here first about 18 years ago and have returned a few times since, when I was in the neighbourhood.
    That proves I like it!

The building housed the city judge and executioner in the 17th and 18th century. Then in 1797 it was sold to a family of horsesmiths, called Poppe. It remained a smithy until 1973, and was then sold and turned into a restaurant.

• Tetreus's Profile Photo

' Pampus 'Janine and her...

by Tetreus Written Sep 12, 2002

' Pampus '
    Janine and her collegues in Pampus.

Favorite Dish: Good food in a nice environment.
    The restaurant is decorated like a ship.
    The history of the name of this restaurant is in a big book with old newpaper articles.
    Upstairs is also a nice part of the restaurant.

• nighthawk's Profile Photo

If you do want something very...

by nighthawk Written Sep 12, 2002

If you do want something very exquisit (and thus expensive) then you must have your dinner in this restaurant: 'De Librije', adress will follow later on.

Instant Answers: Zwolle

Comments

Zwolle Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Zwolle restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Zwolle sightseeing.