Bunschoten Travel Guide

• Bunschoten
    by FlyingDutchmen
    My own pic: view on ships & shops
    by nighthawk
  • Bunschoten
    by nighthawk

Bunschoten Restaurants

Restaurant facade

by nighthawk Updated Apr 28, 2004

Haha, didn t really have something to eat or drink but we needed to pee real bad ... lol ... clean enough to our liking :-)

Bunschoten Local Customs

Skirt guard on a bike

by nighthawk Written Jul 14, 2004

To protect their skirt from getting tangled up in the wheel, some women made their own skirt protection in crochet and put that on their bike.
    I remember these from when I was younger, but I always thought it had gone out of fashion, nice to see it back.

Colourful bike

by nighthawk Written Jul 14, 2004

There are undoubtly more places where people still dress up their bikes, but I only see it in Bunschoten.

I just love these coloured wires round the spikes of this bike.

• Cycling

• Bunschoten Hotels

0 Hotels in Bunschoten

Bunschoten Favorites

Bunschoter woman, village

by nighthawk Written Jul 14, 2004

Favorite thing: Bunschoten is but a small village and it is a nice thing to spend some time in the area around the harbour, where most shops are.

Here you can find the statue of the "Bunschoter woman", donated to the village by the local people.

In the back you can see the bell tower that was donated to the village by the merchants of the village.

• School Holidays
    • Trains

Regional costume Bunschoten Spakenburg

by nighthawk Written Apr 28, 2004

Favorite thing: Older women still wear the regional costumes.
    We call it costumes, but to them it is the normal way to dress. I find it just great that they still put up the effort each morning to dress up like this.

Fondest memory: On this picture you can see a woman watching kids jumping on a big jumping cushion. I do like the contrast of the modern play stuff and the dress.

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Bunschoten? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Instant Answers: Bunschoten

Comments

Bunschoten Travel Guide
Map of Bunschoten